Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: retiring?????????????????  (Read 36599 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Now that I rethought that last comment I think what they were saying is that a family policy could cost as much as $100.  With it being that much money their employers may have to start taking some money out of their checks to help pay for it. 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Grey lives matter.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
What happens if you earn more then you are suppose while drawing social security? They come & slice a toe off?
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
What happens if you earn more then you are suppose while drawing social security? They come & slice a toe off?
naw they force you to spend a day with Trump. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Seriously I think they wack your benifits.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
If you wait until full retirement age there is no wacking of benefits. If you retire early, they cut your benefits if you earn over a certain amount. That is one reason to consider waiting until full retirement age which varies with your date of birth.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
In my case I could make $17,000 or so a year which is about $1,400 a month.  If you make more than that in a month and you let them know right away you just don't get your SS benefit that month.  If you don't tell them and they find out later there are repercussions and I don't know what they are.  The year you turn 65 you can earn about $40,000 a year.  Once you enter the year of turning 66 you can earn as much as you want.  This is pretty accurate but double check it. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I retired when I was 64 so that $17,000 a year applied to me at that point.  That is not take home it is the gross amount you make as W-2 income.  Interest income or rental income doesn't count.  Only if you receive a W-2 for that income.  So they told me it is best to shoot for $1,300 cuz it is a shame if you lost your SS monthly benefit cuz you earned $50 too much that month. I called the Bemidji office since it is closest to me.  They were so helpful every time I called.  If you contact them they will send you a schedule letting you know how much you will make and you can look years in advance to see what you will get.  Or like we said just make an acct. and keep in touch there.  Takes 5 minutes.  You will look at it frequently.   
« Last Edit: August 08/16/20, 02:43:28 PM by LPS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
When I get retired, I'm not do sure I am going to want to work that much to worry about it. Easy to say now, depends how often my wife chases me outta da house. :confused: :evil: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I was going to work part time but haven't so far.  The wife is glad I didn't and can just stay home and relax or get something done if I feel like it.  I can see the working part time would be fun just to see some people and have something to talk about.  BUT not there yet.   :sleazy:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Thank you gentlemen.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
My last year end statement told me of this years increase in monthly benefits & went on to say that I could earn either $17,800 or $18,800 :confused: this year without it effecting my monthly amount. I'm not sure :scratch: if I read it on that statement or if it was online but I did read that if I made over that amount I would lose $1 of monthly benefits for every $2 over the 17.8-18.8 K I earned.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
The good news, as I understand it, is that if you happen to make too much to get a benefit some month, your benefit gets refigured as if you started a month later, or something like that.   And I don't think you need to contact them if you are going to be working, they take care of it automatically.   

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
So,Ive been away from this site since april ,did something happen to Reb?Figured he would be all over this thread being retired himself...

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
glenn chased him and reiny away... :pouty:
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut:  :whistling: No sign of Reb at all, but RH has been lookin, no posts, to see what we're up to now & then. His profile says he was lookin yday.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:censored: :doah: :pouty: :pouty: :pouty:

i did no such thing!!!!!!!!!! :tut: :tut:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: August 08/17/20, 10:51:50 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :tut: :tut: they left on there own accord...........based on personal opinions.........they could of just as well ignored me. :doah:

its what i do, well most of the time!!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
glenn did you have one of your crabby spells? hope reiny is okay he always voiced good opinions,reb was flat out on target didn't sugar coat nothin,both seemed like good guyz.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it's history......... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
glenn did you have one of your crabby spells? hope reiny is okay he always voiced good opinions,reb was flat out on target didn't sugar coat nothin,both seemed like good guyz.
nope not at all. I've actually had some good email conversations with Reb.

And for the record, dew2 quit coming here because of your posts and opinions on mille lacs lake.

With that being said, unless it's actually retirement conversations I'm done with this type of conversation. Like Mike said it's history.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree too. Just don't need to take things too personal on here.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes and it is easy to take things too personal too. 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
If anybody should be all butthurt around here it should be me. :mooning: :mooning: :mooning:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Really it should be Glenn, He is like the chickens a$$. Always getting picked on.  ;) :evil: :angel:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
There ya go pickin on ole glenn.... ;)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Really it should be Glenn, He is like the chickens a$$. Always getting picked on.  ;) :evil: :angel:
I can handle it. :happy1: I might even dish a little out. :evil: :sleazy: :sleazy: :rotflmao: