Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: retiring?????????????????  (Read 36549 times)

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
OK gents,  it's my last full day at work today. I have a short exiting meeting tomorrow morning with HR and have NO plans on staying after that. So officailly (my spelling sucks) it has been 36 years and 41 days at this job. Hell of a run. My only plans after tomorrow are to clean out both of the garages and toss the crap in them I should have done 20 years ago. After that I may try to see if I still know how to shoot a grouse or two. Maybe a duck and goose too. Get ready for deer hunting, have coffee and breakfast with the dog. Maybe throw a few smart remarks at glenn on here.
 Looking like it's getting a bit busier than I thought. Oh well, can't wait to get started with my new chapter of life. Have a great day everyone, I will. :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Now that you will be on a fixed income. You may want to have a big garage sale and sell all the crap your going to throw.  Little more gas money to go grouse hunting.   :happy1:
That's my plan in 2 years.  Sell everything and move out of Brooklyn Center up north where there's less gun fire going on!   :police: :police:  :surrender:
« Last Edit: September 09/01/20, 11:54:12 AM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  Thought about that leech. Not sure if any of my crap is worth anything, I'll find out next week when I tear into my little garage and get started on it. That's when I'll see exactly what is in there. I desperately need the room with the latest addition of the side by side. If all works out I hope to build pole barn next Summer. 36' x 56'. Then I'll have some room for "stuff". I do know there's a hitch to attach to a car and pull it behind a motorhome, if anyone is interested the first C-note takes it. I think it's a $300.00 hitch. Have a great day all.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
  Thought about that leech. Not sure if any of my crap is worth anything, I'll find out next week when I tear into my little garage and get started on it. That's when I'll see exactly what is in there. I desperately need the room with the latest addition of the side by side. If all works out I hope to build pole barn next Summer. 36' x 56'. Then I'll have some room for "stuff". I do know there's a hitch to attach to a car and pull it behind a motorhome, if anyone is interested the first C-note takes it. I think it's a $300.00 hitch. Have a great day all.  :happy1: :happy1:

Better hurry. Likely to get exciting in November and December and I ain't talking deer hunting

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
17 calender, 8 1/2 days to report to the office!!!!!!!!!

guess i gotta come in meeting day at noon so they can wine and dine me before i officially retire. and they told me to bring a designated driver for after the meeting refreshments!!!!!!! :drinking: :drinking: :tequila; :toast: :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
The Mrs. and I stopped in to see Glenn on our way home.   He wasn't home but the neighbors said they saw him riding off into the sunset yesterday and fell off his house twice trying to get there.   Maybe next time little buddy.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
excellent!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and I have been by that area too so I know where it is...  but I think it was named after Glenn Walters.... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
11 1/2 calender days!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 1/2 school days!!!!!!!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
FINALLY, after playing phone tag for the past 3 weeks with the social security guy, we connected this afternoon. He said I'll start getting checks in Nov and payday is the 3rx week of the month. :happy1: :happy1:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
So, to get this right, he said "checks in the mail"   :rotflmao:
I assume things will go right for you.  There was mass confusion a number of years ago.  If I spoke to three people and ask the same question I would get at least two different answers.   :crazy:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So, to get this right, he said "checks in the mail"   :rotflmao:
I assume things will go right for you.  There was mass confusion a number of years ago.  If I spoke to three people and ask the same question I would get at least two different answers.   :crazy:
well thats what he told me!!!!!!!! :happy1: its direct deposit of course but we shall see come November!!!!!!! :scratch: :scratch:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
glenn,, I was told it will take three months to get your first check from social security. The bad news for me is I just turned 61 yesterday and have to wait another year before I can draw. Don't worry, it will be Saturday ever day real soon. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
glenn,, I was told it will take three months to get your first check from social security. The bad news for me is I just turned 61 yesterday and have to wait another year before I can draw. Don't worry, it will be Saturday ever day real soon. :happy1: :happy1:
yea that is what i was told also..........but i did start this process with SS back in August filling it out online so the 3 months is about correct.

i also must of filled it out correctly because that phone call was simply to verify if it was really me. but them buggers are sneaky. :tut: :tut: :tut: good thing i have lotz of practice catching management people trying to slip things by me. :tut: :doah: :rotflmao:

he threw out a couple questions like pushing my retirement date to 2021, about when i started working........ he didnt fool me. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  glenn, I did the math collecting SS starting at 62, a lesser amount, and then at 66 and 10 months which is max. It will take me until age 87 for the both of them to add up to the same amount. It was a "no-brainer" decision for me.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  glenn, I did the math collecting SS starting at 62, a lesser amount, and then at 66 and 10 months which is max. It will take me until age 87 for the both of them to add up to the same amount. It was a "no-brainer" decision for me.  :happy1: :happy1:
:happy1: yep pretty much how I looked at it too!!!

I started paying into Ss when I was 16. Time to collect. One of his questions was when I started working, I had to think quick and hard about what year I started to pay taxes and SS. :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
todays the day i've worked all my life for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :blues brothers: :rocker; ogt that odd queezy feeling in my gut though. last time i had that was when i started this job and then when the guy i took over for walked out the door for the last time i knew i was on my own.

it must be that new page in your life and not knowing what to expect. been working since 16 and cut lawns for cash before that!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It is a big moment Glenn.  You will handle it just fine.  There is a learning curve though.  It has been 2 years for me and I am still learning to relax and enjoy it.  Gets better all of the time.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It is a kinda unique position to be in, ain't it glenn? Am on the threshold of it here and while it will likely be a more gradual transition than yours, I can empathize with what it'll be like. Hard to believe a person has worked as many years as you have sometimes. My congratulations to you! May you come to enjoy the finer things in life, such as tomatoes and cottage cheese!  :rotflmao:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It is a kinda unique position to be in, ain't it glenn? Am on the threshold of it here and while it will likely be a more gradual transition than yours, I can empathize with what it'll be like. Hard to believe a person has worked as many years as you have sometimes. My congratulations to you! May you come to enjoy the finer things in life, such as tomatoes and cottage cheese!  :rotflmao:
:banghead: :banghead: you putz!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Awesome day Glenn. You will have a few years to get it mastered so you can fill me in on all the secrets to success when I get to it. Congrats!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
ibsee a congratultiins is in order!  but im so confused as to what exactly are yu retireing from???
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
ibsee a congratultiins is in order!  but im so confused as to what exactly are yu retireing from???
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:i can assure you it wont be from being your nightmare!!!!!!!! :happy1: :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll: :dancinred:

oh and thanks everyone!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats glenn,I tried when I was furload last april,decided I couldn't survive on SS so half assed looked for a part time job near my home,found out what discrimination is like,no one wants to hire a senior citizen,so got my old job back trying to re-learn after 4 months off.

Enjoy it glenn consider yourself lucky you have you're health and deer season is fast approaching.

More time in deer camp!

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome to the retirees gang Big Guy.  Try to keep busy, but don't overdo it.  Lots of time now to enjoy the outdoors.   :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
If you want to go full circle, I got $20 bucks and a lawn that needs clipping.

Congrats.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
congrats Glenn!!   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So my former employer DCI gave this to me at my retirement party. I spent 28 years working there welding stainless steel,and the next 13 1/2 years being a pain in there butt.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is pretty darn nice Glenn.