Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Made in USA  (Read 6846 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I know I have lots of stuff made in china.  BUT I am making a bigger effort to get things Made in USA.  I just ordered some white Tee Shirts and socks and after some looking around I was able to find some made here.  Can't wait to get them. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I know I have lots of stuff made in china.  BUT I am making a bigger effort to get things Made in USA.  I just ordered some white Tee Shirts and socks and after some looking around I was able to find some made here.  Can't wait to get them.
:happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :dancinred: :dancinred: :party3:

been trying to do that for years, but i'm telling ya its tough to find.  :pouty: :pouty: greeting cards are a good start......just dont do hallmark.........

LPS can you name the brand????????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I got 3 Next Level tee shirts.  Not all of them are made in USA but mine are.  And I also found All American Clothing Company.  Will be buying more from them. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i'm pretty certain all are union appearel is made in the U.S.A.!!!! :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The socks are made by American Made Socks company.  Got them and the tee shirts on Amazon. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
There's a sock company ~ 20 miles north of me in Osage, Ia.  called Fox River Mills. Been around since 1900 & they just bought another company in Lee's neighborhood. Not cheap but high quality & all made right there in Osage. You can check them out at Foxsox.com, if you'd like. I really like their heavy cotton winter socks.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
FF has that brand gunner and that is where i have getting them.. thanks for the web site too!@!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
dont buy Dickie brand...
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dont buy Dickie brand...

are they all imported too now??  sad..

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
There's a sock company ~ 20 miles north of me in Osage, Ia.  called Fox River Mills. Been around since 1900 & they just bought another company in Lee's neighborhood. Not cheap but high quality & all made right there in Osage. You can check them out at Foxsox.com, if you'd like. I really like their heavy cotton winter socks.

I've got some of them.  Think they were at FF.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
last time i looked at a dickies tag  it was made  china or some oriental country
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
dont buy Dickie brand...
also a lot of the red wing work boots are coming for across the sea.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, I was just looking at some Red Wings last night and they were made in Cambodia.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Red wing is supposed to have at least one kind of boot still made in the USA, but I have no idea what model it is...  and if it it is still made in the USA..

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I buy Red Wings here at Ronnings but I do have to look through them to find the Made in USA ones.  Rockys, Georgia boots and all of them are imports.  This is a good thing to look for USA made things.  Back in the 90's there was a big push for this but it kind of fizzled out.  Time to get serious about it again.  Let the overseas junk sit on the shelves.  I tell the store clerks that too.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Red wing is supposed to have at least one kind of boot still made in the USA, but I have no idea what model it is...  and if it it is still made in the USA..
i bought a pair of red wing boots a year or 2 ago in red wing at there outlet store. there the slip on boots, no strings!!! :happy1: :happy1: says made in USA!!!!! i specifficlly looked for that tag.

the union has a work boot program that has discounts for union and american made boots. one brand i can think off just off the top of my head is thourogood.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I typically get the Irish setters which I know are not made in the USA. But I was looking at the Red Wings this time. The pair I tried on were certainly comfy. I just don't want the 8" tall ones. I will have to run over to Baudette and see what they have at that Ronnings.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I think I can tie 2020's two biggest stories together under this topic:  corona and racial inequality.

First, the global pandemic should remind and warn us that we are too dependent on foreign manufacturing and imports.  We need to bring jobs home.

Second, if you factor out the problem of systemic racism in SOME police departments across the country and look at the broader issue of racial inequality, I have seen the slogan repeated many times:  If you want peace, work for justice.

I say, if you want justice, work for jobs.  Good paying jobs provide opportunities that bridge gaps in equality.

If I was a politician, I'd be campaigning on that platform.  As a voter, that is one of the big issues I'll be paying attention to.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That is what Trump promotes and pushes for. Bringing good paying jobs back to America. Biden is just the opposite and whoever is pulling his strings.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
dont buy Dickie brand...
Brother likes those & it seems that they always have a hole in 1 heel by ~ the 2nd or 3rd time he puts 'em on. :bonk: :doah:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looked at carhartt jeans and they are made in Mexico... 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Got a Carhart winter coat for Xmas a few years ago off Amazon. The 1 I chose was the ONLY 1 I could find that was made in the USA. I'm not sure what was different :scratch: but almost the identical coat sold by everyone else was made in Mexico too, mike. :tut: It was a few $ more, < $5, & for that I'll buy made in USA all day. :crazy:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
looked at carhartt jeans and they are made in Mexico...

Last Carhartt T shirt the wife got me was made in Guatemala.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wondered where they are made.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I got my Made in USA white Tee Shirts yesterday and they are great.  About 5 or 6 bucks a piece and got my Made in USA socks today.  Got em all on Amazon but had to shop around some.  I found the same brands made in other countries too.  The have USA tags on them so should be ok.  Will be doing more of this too!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
This is a great place to buy Made in USA clothing.  All American Clothing.  Good prices and they don't rip you on shipping neither.  Just got some long sleeve T shirts for about $17 ea.  Just thought I would pass the word.  allamericanclothing.com  the socks and regular T shirts I bought there are top notch. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm going to check that out LPS!!! 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm with you buyz ,dang china crap back when obummer had gas prices off the chart I worked for a shop that bought in to a moped bike franchise all made in china....holy nightmare,our shop was near two colleges so with gas pushing $4/gal these college kids bought these bikes like candy,for$1200 when the bikes ran they got 50mpg's sadly they didn't last long and no replacement parts were available,so buyers got the 30/30 warrenty(30 feet or 30 seconds) on each purchase.

Then redwing boots...another pisser,90% of them made in china at least the last time I  checked,guyz looking for made in the U.S.A  hiking or hunting boots check out "Schnee Boots" hand made in Bozeman mont,they even send you a free fitting jig for your feet,all custom made.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
People bitch a lot about foreign made goods but how many of them are willing to pay a little more to buy American. It is the cheap azz consumer that is responsible for most of this.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have bought Red Wings for years and yes you have to make sure your style is Made In USA.  I have resisted the China thing with our Ice Rigs.  As most of the large corps go right to China with everything they sell.  I was even asked by a buyer in one of the biggest sporting goods chains to go to China so they could buy them cheaper from me.  They are no longer in business or at least not like they used to be.  But no thanks.  I will keep making them here so every part I buy is from someone in the US.  Most of them I buy in MN.