Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Venison Skillet Lasagna  (Read 926 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Venison Skillet Lasagna
Ingredients:

1 pound of ground venison (or ground beef)
Diced/chopped onions
Whole garlic cloves, diced
2 jars tomato sauce (store-bought pasta sauce)
Oregano or other Italian seasoning to taste
Lasagna noodles
Ricotta cheese
Cheese mixtures
To start this recipe, you don't need a cast-iron skillet or a baking dish. Simply find any large skillet with a lid and cook the ground venison with the diced onions. I used one whole large white onion, but that's just me. Once the onions begin to run clear, add in multiple cloves of diced garlic to your taste.

The Sauce
From here, just add in the two jars of pasta sauce and bring all this to medium heat until the sauce starts to bubble. As for the pasta sauce, I used two jars of organic tomato and basil sauce, which you can find in any pasta section of a grocery store. If you want to make your own pasta sauce, again, feel free.

Venison Skillet Lasagna

Next, add in your Italian seasoning. I used fresh oregano as well as a spice bottle Italian seasoning mixture from my kitchen cabinet. Now, here comes the lasagna noodles. Add some water to the meat mixture, up to about a half cup. Surprisingly, there isn't any layering process here. Simply break the noodles in half and submerge them in the pasta. Make sure you cover the entire skillet in the lasagna noodles.

When you think you have them all, use a spoon and feel around in there to make sure there's good coverage. Spoon more meat mixture on top, then put the lid on the skillet and allow all this to cook for about 10-15 minutes.

Finally, once the noodles are soft, spoon ricotta cheese and your other favorite cheese mixtures on top and put the lid back on for a few more minutes to melt. Once that's done, allow all of this to cool for a few minutes and dig in. The overall time from start to finish for me was about 30 minutes. However, this is all adjustable to your cooking styles.

For a venison skillet lasagna, this recipe sure comes together easy. It's so easy in fact, you could make it just about any night of the week in time for family dinner. Hopefully you enjoy this as much as our family did.

Also, this entree goes great with a glass of red wine!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds very good but I'll skip the wine!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds quick and easy.  Great idea!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Bet that would taste dandy also with Italian sausage. :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!