Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: FISHING REPORT LAKES OAHE/SHARPE PIERRE AREA FOR JULY 9TH THRU JULY 11TH 2020  (Read 1656 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
A lot of days the fish are moving deeper with catching them from 20 fow to 30 fow common. The wind was blowing today and we caught fish shallow in around 10 fow but wind makes mud lines and on these kind of days it is usually good to look around in them. I have been using spinner bouncer nightcrawler rigs but almost all presentations and baits are working. The fish are biting with most boats getting limits daily unless the weather (wind) slows things down. I finished guiding repeat customers the Robinson group and went on to help Scott Van Lierre guide a nice group of guys to limits of fish for all. Most of the guides were using crawler baits fishing down to 30 fow. Even during the week the lake is very busy with lots of boats and fishermen on the water so expect busy ramps and busy cleaning stations.  Covid 19 is still an issue so keeping recommended distances and observing all the protocol that our Govender suggests is just good common sense. Using the outdoors as a way to contend with the isolation of staying at home  for the most part seems to be one of the safer ways  to enjoy some freedom from  the Covid regiment.   Lots of  water/gator aide drinks, sun screen , and bug/fly spray  make for better trips. Lots of bonus fish around this year with the walleye. Nice smallmouth northern and catfish keep rods bending an make for lots of action  I believe the annual governor's cup tournament is next week end  so a lot of good fishermen will be out looking for the winning fish and it will be interesting to see the results. I will stick my neck out and predict it will take a 2 1/2 lb. avg to be in the top 5 this year maybe 3 lb. avg to win it if the weather allows.

HUTCH'S GUIDE SERVICE

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch