Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: class reunion  (Read 6691 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so one of my classmates has set up a little G-T-G, class reunion for AUG 14th at a local pub. he did this 5 years ago and was surprised at both the people to show up and surprised of those who live so close not show up.

this will be 45 year reunion and i'm so undecided on if i should go. for the following reasons.

1) the guy that is behind this is NOT a class officer. the class officers are stuck up snobs apparently. some wanted it at a fancy place for our 30th.......most didnt so it didnt happen. nuttin for our 35th. and i think this is  :bs:

2).......5 years ago when i went  i couldnt believe how clicky it was. the same people talking to and huddling by the same group they did 45 years ago. one would think after 40 years people would finaaly get friggin over it. sheez!!!!!!!! :pouty: :crazy:

3) then there is this COVID crap. personally i dont see alot of people going because of it. it wont be the reason i wont go..........see #'s 1 and 2 above!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

worse part at this point is i have no plans for that day, night.........YET!!!!!!!! :smoking: :smoking: :cool:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
was supposed to have out 50th reunion this fall, and for the same reasons I wasn't going to go, then covid came into the picture.. 

if they wanted to talk to me they could have gotten in contact with me easy enough...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Reasons #1 & 2 are exactly why I have NEVER went to any of mine, :tut: :bs:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've gone to a few of mine but it has been a few years.  Ya they are kind of snooty affairs. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Reasons #1 & 2 are exactly why I have NEVER went to any of mine, :tut: :bs:

Same here. I have not gone to any of mine either.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I went to one a few years back - 35 I think.  It was refreshing to see that a lot of the clique barriers were breaking down.  It was just nice to get caught up with the lives of old friends.

Our class has long since given up on relying on class officers to plan and organize.  The fun gals pretty much do the planning now and they did a great job.  Nothing over the top.  They get it.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I have never gone to any of mine.

When they called, here is how the conversation went:

Lady: Is Mr. .... ..... At home?

Me: No, what is this pertaining to?

Lady: I'm Ms. so and so, and I'm in charge of the ...... high school reunion committee, and want to get a hold of .... To let him know about our upcoming event. That way I can plan reservations, and head count.

Me: Well, I'm sorry to inform you Ms. so and so, but he died in a horrific car accident a few years back.

Lady: I'm so sorry to hear that! Was he married?

Me: Yup he was

Lady: Please give her my condolences....

Me: I'll let her know, thanks

Lady: Can I ask who I'm talking to?

Me: I'm just a guy shacking up with his old lady.

Lady: Okay then, I'll take his name off of the list. Have a good day.

Me: You too......click

:scratch: I've never heard from them since.  :happy1:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: damn HD your one cruel individual. You get picked on in high school??? You the kid they give snuggies to?? :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: damn HD your one cruel individual. You get picked on in high school??? You the kid they give snuggies to?? :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Nope, actually, I was the guy who would pick fights with the jocks cause they all thought they were "all that"....then, I would steal their girlfriend  :sleazy:
« Last Edit: July 07/31/20, 10:02:39 AM by HD »
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Nope, actually, I was the guy who would pick fights with the jocks cause they all thought they were "all that"....then, I would steal their girlfriend  :sleazy:

that is great!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: was one of them stolen girlfriends the lady that called you???????? :scratch:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: was one of them stolen girlfriends the lady that called you???????? :scratch:
Nope, she was president of the bookworm club. I had so many knotches on my belt from the cheerleader's, my pants wouldn't stay up.

Anyways....are you going or what?

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
My reunions used to be a lot of fun.  The last one was ok. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Nope, she was president of the bookworm club. I had so many knotches on my belt from the cheerleader's, my pants wouldn't stay up.

Anyways....are you going or what?
:surrender: yea now its getting deep!!!!!!! :rotflmao: 95% sure i'm not. the curiousity might kill me and go for a bit to see who is there and to see if there still all snooty!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
95% sure i'm not. the curiousity might kill me and go for a bit to see who is there and to see if there still all snooty!!!!!!!!

OK make me understand this!!  95% sure you are not going, but then you you most likely will go...  you are more confusing than a female!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
95% sure i'm not. the curiousity might kill me and go for a bit to see who is there and to see if there still all snooty!!!!!!!!

OK make me understand this!!  95% sure you are not going, but then you you most likely will go...  you are more confusing than a female!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: i've been trying to make you understand alot of things!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :doah: :surrender: :surrender:

you can lead a horse to water........if you catch my drift!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: i've been trying to make you understand alot of things!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :doah: :surrender: :surrender:

you can lead a horse to water........if you catch my drift!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

yea right...   you are going for the beer!!!!   and eats!!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
beer is cheaper at home in my back yard. companies probably better to!!!!!!!! ME!!!!!!! :nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:  Kind of like the one:  The more people I meet the better I like my dog!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:  Kind of like the one:  The more people I meet the better I like my dog!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: nailed it!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good one LPS!!!! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well the big reunion is tomorrow nite and i made the executive decision to say ta hell with it. i'd rather stay home and pester the wife  :smoking: :sleazy: and dog!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nothing wrong either way Glenn.  But don't let us into talking you into not going.  At the last minute decide to go when your wife isn't in the mood to go.  Then you can go alone and flirt with all of the ol girlfriends!!!    And I do like people but I just like the saying about liking my dog more than them.   HHmmm It is true though.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:   And remember Glenn, you can no longer pat "chicks" on the ass unless you know them real well. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Damn LPS, you sure like taking the fun out of things. :confused: :rotflmao: naw my wife has no interest in going. She's never been to any of hers either. And I wanted to go to hers so she could show that stuff muffin she's married to. :rolleyes: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Stuff muffin.. :scratch: or is it muffin stuff.. :confused:  :rotflmao:  :nerd: :nerd:
« Last Edit: August 08/13/20, 06:25:28 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Stuff muffin.. :scratch: or is it muffin stuff.. :confused:  :rotflmao:  :nerd: :nerd:

and there it is!!!!  well said!!!!!!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:  full of stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
no you got it right the first time. :happy1: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
well the big reunion is tomorrow nite and i made the executive decision to say ta hell with it. i'd rather stay home and pester the wife  :smoking: :sleazy: and dog!!!!!!!
  :scratch: So.......................................... she had 2 reasons to bail on you AGAIN this weekend.  :rolleyes: :bonk: :doah:                                     
                               :tut: :nerd: :nerd:  :evil:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
the invite was originally sent out via mass email. starting to get responses........and so far noone is coming.  there wasnt any of the cute ones anyway!!!!!!!