Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: garage frig  (Read 10253 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i have a frig in the garage i use mainly for my garden veggies this time of year. i also use it when cleaning/cutting up deer.

its actually called a pop cooler.........it has no freezer. think it took a crap last nite some time as it was working last nite. there is power and the cord is good. i really need that frig, do you guys think its work repairing?? its about 12-15 years old.

i looked at craigs list a bit nothing there and googled frigs for sale, best buy came up and i aint spendin a grand on a frig with all the garbage i dont need for a garage frig.

any ideas. :scratch: :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I just gave one away...  worked great too!!!  repair could be iffy I think... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
gleen, get ahold of a local appliance dealer and see if they have taken in a "good used one" from a new installation. When Sears was open here thay always had one or two in the back that were sold "as is".  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
My main fridge gave up the ghost one day.  Repairman came out, pulled it out, took the back/bottom panel off and cleaned off the coils with a long brush.  Gave it overnight to cool down.  Running good now.  Felt kinda silly afterwards that it was just dirty coils.  Live and learn.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :angry2: :confused: :banghead: :banghead: :taz: :taz: man i'm gonna feel like an effin idiot, a maroon, a dumbazz, for what i'm about to post.

i have another cord sitting there with the frig cord. i accidently plugged in the radio cord instead of the frig cord. :doofus: :doofus: :crazy: :crazy: running fine now!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :doah: :banghead: :banghead:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :angry2: :confused: :banghead: :banghead: :taz: :taz: man i'm gonna feel like an effin idiot, a maroon, a dumbazz, for what i'm about to post.

i have another cord sitting there with the frig cord. i accidently plugged in the radio cord instead of the frig cord. :doofus: :doofus: :crazy: :crazy: running fine now!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :doah: :banghead: :banghead:

Don't feel bad Glenn :tut: It's all just part of da ageing proses dat yer just beginnin ta experience :doah:

"Da Best Is Yet Ta Come" :sad:

Make sure ya keep us posted on future adventures. :doah: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: August 08/03/20, 02:54:17 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

now dats really funny!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Couldn't figure out why my fridge was telling me the Twins were up 3-1 in the bottom of the 3rd.

(Sorry, Glenn. :embarrassed: I should talk.)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: :confused: :doah: :censored: i just know youz guyz are laughing wit me...........not at me.

RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tut: :mad1: :taz: training-087 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
:confused: :confused: :doah: :censored: i just know youz guyz are laughing wit me...........not at me.

RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tut: :mad1: :taz: training-087 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

NOT ME.........................  :rotflmao:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

oh but of course!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline birdswacker

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

Not me I’m laughing at you!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :pouty: the Rodney Dangerfield of MNO!! :doah: :lipsrsealed: :doah:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
shhhhh,  I won't tell the wife. But she'd a pointed it out right away!!  :nerd: :mooning:

Offline birdswacker

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
:pouty: :pouty: the Rodney Dangerfield of MNO!! :doah: :lipsrsealed: :doah:

Sorry didn’t mean to hurt your feelings!

I had a buddy that had sort of a similar thing happen to him. 
He shot an elk and just filled his freezer with it. 2 weeks later His son was into lifting weights and decided to plug his tune box in and unplugged the freezer to do it. Needless to say his son just shut the radio off. Meanwhile a week goes buy and my buddy sees the freezer cord laying on the floor and the radio plugged in. He went postal he took off a week to go hunting he drove for 16 hrs truck broke down on the way back. So he goes out to the garage and grabs his sledge hammer and introduces it to the radio bits and pieces are flying all over so he’s satisfied. His son comes home from school he chews his ass up and down so now he feels better about it. Here’s the best part his son goes down to the basement to clean up the carnage and lift weights. Jr needs tunes to lift weights so he plugs the radio and it still works so he turns it up to Mach 10 and buddy comes down to see what’s going on and sees it’s the bits and pieces of the radio and just shrugs his shoulders and walks away.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
oh that is so funny and sad at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!  lost all that meat!!!!  I won't say a word about the kid..........

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: I think your more ready for the end of September than any of us, including yourself, realized. :sleazy: :crazy:    ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Life can really be a challenge can't it Glenn???   :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Yea and don't admit a mistake here of all places for sure.

:confused: I went out this morning and checked on it again and not sure if I'm in the clear yet??? :pouty: :doofus: wasn't working. Thinking.hoping it's the cord. :pouty:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Are the cooling coils caked with dust bunnies?

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
place a thermometer in it.....

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I always have a thermometer in it. It's at 50 degrees now. When it's running it's usually at 32 to 40 degrees.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
                                       Get a-nudder fridge.... Daddy war buck$!

Time ta tap in-ta dat union slush fund once again. :smoking:...Dat's of course if-in ya kin remember  :scratch: where ya hid it! :confused:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: August 08/04/20, 09:07:22 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
                                       Get a-nudder fridge.... Daddy war bucks!

Time ta tap in-ta dat union slush fund once again. :smoking:...Dat's of course if-in ya kin remember  :scratch: where ya hid it! :confused:

:pouty: :pouty: already gotta game plan. Have a friend that has one he wants to depart with.  $ 175.00 buckaroos. :happy1: just need to find time.

Gotta go stick it to a couple employers the next 3 days. :nerd: :nerd: :super smiley: :happy1:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
                                       Get a-nudder fridge.... Daddy war bucks!

:pouty: :pouty: already gotta game plan. Have a friend that has one he wants to depart with.  $ 175.00 buckaroos. :happy1: just need to find time.

Gotta go stick it to a couple employers the next 3 days. :nerd: :nerd: :super smiley: :happy1:

Donate da old fridge ta da union regional office break room...... "In memory of Glenn!" :sleazy:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
PIFFLE. :tut: when I walk out that last day I'm done. Taking all my stuff, and a little extra :sleazy: and I'm ouuta dere.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
little update...........damn thing seems to be working!!!!!! :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: i pulled it out, took the air compressor, blew it out and let it set over the time period i was gone. my wife said it never missed a lick while i was gone. :doah: :scratch: so last nite i pushed it back into place.

i think Seve-o mentioned to clean the coils. when i pulled it out and looked at it, it didnt have much for "coils"??? i dont know crap about frigerators, but this is a pop cooler so it doesnt have a freezer??????? not sure if that matters??? it wasnt all that dirty either...... but for now dodge a bullet, otherwise i have a friend that had one he'd sell me for 175 bucks.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The old ones used to have the coils on the back, but the new ones have the coils on the bottom, under the refrigerator.  You probably have to remove a panel on the back to see them.

I wish I would have googled the problem before I called a repairman to teach me an expensive lesson.  I was just hoping I can save someone else some $$$.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I suppose we should check the one at the hunting cabin that quit working last deer season.
Hey look your bobber is up!