Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Beirut blast  (Read 2113 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Holy sheep shete! bunch of fake news floating around what the cause was,ISREAL is getting the nod for taking out a weapons plant but will we ever know the truth? white mushroom cloud is indictitive of nuclear expolsion,before long I'm sure its trumps fault.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

I called Trumps fault 1/2 hr after it was reported, but they may as well throw Isreal in the mix!   :doah:

I thought the first reports were bottle rockets from a Fireworks plant?   :crazy: :happy1: :happy1:

Pretty sure that crater an't no bottle rocket hole!  :coffee:

https://youtu.be/jgOoeOPhDWY
« Last Edit: August 08/06/20, 11:48:25 AM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
another blast,this time north korea,sooooo I smell someting fishy,last month in iran, now these two explosions,all bad guyz

A video showing a series of explosions in North Korea’s Hyesan city earlier this week has emerged, appearing to confirm South Korean media reports and defector accounts of blasts that claimed more than a dozen lives in the city on the border with China.

A China-based activist that assists refugees fleeing North Korea recently provided RFA’s Korean Service with what he claimed is footage of the blasts filmed on Monday from across the Yalu River in China’s Changbai city. The 14-second video shows black smoke rising into the sky in Hyesan as several explosions are heard in the background.

« Last Edit: August 08/07/20, 11:24:46 AM by snow1 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: August 08/06/20, 12:07:37 PM by Steve-o »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
another blast,this time north korea,sooooo I smell someting fishymlast month in ira, now these two explosions,all bad guyz

A video showing a series of explosions in North Korea’s Hyesan city earlier this week has emerged, appearing to confirm South Korean media reports and defector accounts of blasts that claimed more than a dozen lives in the city on the border with China.

A China-based activist that assists refugees fleeing North Korea recently provided RFA’s Korean Service with what he claimed is footage of the blasts filmed on Monday from across the Yalu River in China’s Changbai city. The 14-second video shows black smoke rising into the sky in Hyesan as several explosions are heard in the background.

Nothing to report here.  Just swamp gas igniting.  Move along with your lives, comrades. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
boy,now the finger pointing starts,

Robert Baer, a former CIA operative with extensive experience in the Middle East, said videos of Tuesday's blast showed that while ammonium nitrate may have been present in the warehouse, he does not believe it was responsible for the massive explosion that ensued.

Baer said he thinks that there were military munitions and propellants present. He speculated it could have been a weapons cache, but it's unclear who it belongs to.

"It was clearly a military explosive," he said. "It was not fertilizer like ammonium nitrate. I'm quite sure of that."

"You look at that orange ball (of fire), and it's clearly, like I said, a military explosive

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Not sure what was stored in the big silo building right next to the building that blow up, but I think what ever was in them was the Red color that went up in the air when the silos blew.  :confused:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I 100% believe the ammonium nitrate part of story.  It seems like the abandoned ship's cargo is well documented.  Perhaps what is in question is the "fireworks" plant next door which set it all off.  That part of the story seems a little dubious.

As far as the silo goes, it looks like grain or something else.  The grain appears to have been an effective buffer against the blast.

Offline cgreene

There are reasons to believe that that wasnt just an ordinary explosion. Have you guys seen the crater it created? The explosion is just way too big. I doubt it was just because of the fireworks factory.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, the BIG blast was when the ammonium nitrate went up.  The ship's cargo is well documented.

What I haven't seen yet is any reporting on what a fireworks plant/factory/warehouse was doing next to all that ammonium nitrate, which every one knew was so explosive.  I don't believe that part of it yet.  Fireworks plant sounds like a knee jerk cover story to me.

A van load of ammonium nitrate blew the side off Federal Building in Oklahoma City.  Now we know what a ship load of the stuff will do.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't quote me on this but the French President did a visit and the people almost mauled him I heard.  Something about that maybe being a French ship that was there for 5 years and hadn't been dealt with properly and was still there.  Man what an invitation for something like this to happen if that is true!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I 100% believe the ammonium nitrate part of story.  It seems like the abandoned ship's cargo is well documented.  Perhaps what is in question is the "fireworks" plant next door which set it all off.  That part of the story seems a little dubious.

As far as the silo goes, it looks like grain or something else.  The grain appears to have been an effective buffer against the blast.

Was indeed a grain terminal. A well built one too. Can see the grain spilled on the side closest to the blast. The silos on the side away from the blast were largely intact according to the grain storage types on ag Twitter. If they were full that definitely would've helped buffer the blast.

Weighing plot bags in the fertilizer shed at the U, I still remember the one guy sitting on top of the ammonium nitrate bags  smoking a cigarette. There was a sign hanging above it that said "Danger! Ammonium Nitrate". "Aw hell," he said. "Ya gotta have some diesel fuel & something to detonate it!" Tried to avoid being in there when he was around after that.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, the BIG blast was when the ammonium nitrate went up.  The ship's cargo is well documented.

What I haven't seen yet is any reporting on what a fireworks plant/factory/warehouse was doing next to all that ammonium nitrate, which every one knew was so explosive.  I don't believe that part of it yet.  Fireworks plant sounds like a knee jerk cover story to me.

A van load of ammonium nitrate blew the side off Federal Building in Oklahoma City.  Now we know what a ship load of the stuff will do.

I just read some where that Timmy Mc had 4,500 lbs in the van that blew up the Fed building. This was 2,750 TONS!   :shocked:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
SO was the ammonium nitrate on the ship?

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
SO was the ammonium nitrate on the ship?
:scratch: I thought it was being stored in a Port Authority warehouse according to the story I read. It had been there since ~ 2004 :crazy: & the Port Authority had been before numerous judges in the last 10 years or so trying to get the OK to move it because they knew how easily something could go wrong. The article I read seemed to placed a lot of the blame on the current political & economic situation in Lebanon for the disaster. :crazy: :thumbs: :pouty:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon