Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: FISHING REPORT LAKES OAHE/SHARPE PIERRE AREA FOR JULY 28TH THRU AUGUST 8TH 2020  (Read 1978 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
BUSY is still the word as lots of anglers and boaters using Lakes Oahe along with Sharpe this year. It just hasn't let up much but I suspect August may see a little let off with the lake usage. I have been on the water most days and with the exception of one real bad day on Sharpe fishing for me and most guides has been limits daily. I did spend 4 days on Sharpe catching nice fish but the last day there was just very hard either because of not the right current or big wind but 2 of the days were limits of nice 16 to 19 inch fish so the river can be very good.. I used nightcrawler spinner bouncer rigs but a few of the guides were pulling plugs. Most of the rest of the period I have been on the big lake (Oahe) and fishing is very good as long as the weather lets you fish. The fish on Oahe are deeper from 25 fow down to 45 fow and many different methods are producing the fish I have been staying with nightcrawlers but plugs and jigging raps are also working. The big CVA group just left and is it not hard for me to mention that once again guide  Paul Steffen did a run away with their company tournament  weighing ( get this) a  6 lb. average for 5 fish a day and also weighing an almost 13 lb. walleye in these catches He has a history of winning this almost every year and that is saying something as most of the best guides on the lake work this group. Nice to see these kind of weights are possible and there are more big fish coming in lately so if you are coming over maybe a big one will be in the books for you. Thank you to CVA for once again bringing a real nice bunch of company personnel up for your annual trip and thank you to all my other  customers for your business. Biting fly's in many areas can make for Bermuda shorts wearers doing a lot of slapping so taking a pair of long pants along if wearing them a very good idea. Water/Gator aide type drinks and sun screen make for both safer and better trips. Covid is still an issue so doing the things Governor Noem recommends are still required to be safe and to respect other people’s safety so practicing distancing and Masks when needed is just being responsible .I will mention that I have heard of a better Salmon bite lately but I am not in touch with information other than maybe down around 75 feet is where most down riggers are being set at.

HUTCH'S GUIDE SERVICE

Hutch   
Good fishing Hutch