Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: temp probes  (Read 5761 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so yur inserting probe into the meat like yur hiding a saw in cake for a convict and letting the teather cable just dangle out the door...

yuppers!!  or ya can plug it in to the thermometer but not turn it on too...  that way it's one less time you opening the smoker too... good luck!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  I like my Pit Boss where the probe is plugged into the controller and that runs off 110v. No batteries. Set it and forget it (sorta). Besides I buy enough batteries to keep 9 trail cameras going to begin with. Good luck boar. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
got the alarm set for 4 am, got the mop ready, time smome!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
So pee wee Herman probes you?? :rotflmao:

On a serious note, when those are done smomin, what are you going to do with it??? Your thread here got me to thinking about making pulled pork sammiches?? Not into briskets much do not sure what people do with it. :scratch:
eat it.
78.50"

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
if yu tried properly done brisket.... yud understand why its popular. but its a tru labor of love to do right. dont ever eat brisket in a resturant. its not done right.
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
So pee wee Herman probes you?? :rotflmao:

On a serious note, when those are done smomin, what are you going to do with it??? Your thread here got me to thinking about making pulled pork sammiches?? Not into briskets much do not sure what people do with it. :scratch:
eat it.
:rotflmao: your a dork  :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, how the briskets coming boar????

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
turned out ok. i had to pull it earlier than i wanted, sonit couldnrest and serve byb630, i started it at 4. couldda use another 2 hrs.
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So what was the problem?  Was it tough?  I want to try one so like to hear anything I can learn from.  Was it juicy?

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
turned out ok. i had to pull it earlier than i wanted, sonit couldnrest and serve byb630, i started it at 4. couldda use another 2 hrs.

i hear ya there Boar, it sure take a lot of time to do one..  hope it it all turned out good for ya!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
im my own worst critic, people were impressed but it wasnt was i was looming for
78.50"

Offline birdswacker

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I use the Weber Igrill  and it works great for me. Just insert in the meat and go to the app to set what your desired temp is and walk away until the alarm goes off. Really simple to use!

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
These are my thoughts on smoking briskets. I’m by no means an expert on the subject, this is just what I’ve learned from experience and learned from various sources.
I have never smoked a brisket flat or point separately. I think you could smoke the point with success because of the amount of fat, but the flat is much leaner, and really benefits from all the fat in the point.
People tend to buy the flats because they are intimidated by the size of a whole brisket, but the eatable yield of a whole brisket after trimming and cooking is around 50% depending on the grade.
NEVER SMOKE A WHOLE BRISKET BY TEMPERATURE. You can insert a probe just to monitor the temperature and tell if you’re getting close (195*), but never pull the brisket until the meat probes tender at the thickest part of the flat. The reason you can’t rely on temperature is every brisket different, if it probes tender, it’s done.
Then wrap in foil, wrap in bath towels, and into a cooler for 2 to 4 hours.
Again these are just my opinions, and they work for me.

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
thats good stuff coop thanks for posting. makes alot of sense. brother dose alot of brisket, and says the same thing hes smokes till texter, never temp. thanks!
78.50"