Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: new locator  (Read 3300 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i finally got permission from da misses to get a new locator fer da boat............must be my charming personality.  :sleazy: :smoking: :evil:

so my buddy had a hummingbird put in his new boat with the chip capability..........AND i really liked it. he paid $100.00 for the chip, but i knew that and about $1700.00 for the humminbird.

when's a good time to buy it? now??? next spring???? i gots $100.00 bucks in cabelas gift cards i could use????? any other stores you guys would look??????

any opinions on other locators that take the chip.
« Last Edit: September 09/08/20, 02:10:03 PM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
it wont make a difference....
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
it wont make a difference....
:doah: :doah: so your saying as usual you have no intelligent information!!!!!!!! :confused: :pouty: :pouty:

yea maybe so......but it sure was perty to look at!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
My baby brother gave me a Lowrance. I like the gps technology. I've gone out in the fog where you couldn't see past the front of the boat and it showed me right where I was. Of course it wouldn't tell a person if other boats were out there but I took it slow. I never would have left the dock without it . I've heard good things about the hummingbird too. Just watch for sales. If I had lots of time like you will, I'd get one i could put on my wheeler for ice fishing.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I have a couple Lowrance's on my boat.  They take several of the popular chips. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Typically the chips have the same data but are specific to a particular brand.    And some brands come with data already on them so you don't need to buy a chip.     

You can also use an app on a phone or tablet for maps.   

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
The bro was thinking all along Lowrance,  stopped at cabelas and walked out with an Elite model. Pretty nice unit, the mapping it came with pretty much made Navionics look silly. I usually just go split screen  gps/sonar , havnt used side imaging much but Glenn its going to be just as  complex as your phone, can you handle that??
« Last Edit: September 09/08/20, 06:10:32 PM by Bobberineyes »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I happen to have a new Lowrance on my boat and really like it.  Would have happily gone Hummingbird or  Garmin too.  Just happen to have the Lowrance and love it and seems easy to use.  There are good Youtubes on how to use whichever one you get and I recommend watching them.  I did and learned a lot. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The bro was thinking all along Lowrance,  stopped at cabelas and walked out with an Elite model. Pretty nice unit, the mapping it came with pretty much made Navionics look silly. I usually just go split screen  gps/sonar , havnt used side imaging much but Glenn its going to be just as  complex as your phone, can you handle that??
:confused: :banghead: :rotflmao: maybe not. :rotflmao: his was pretty easy, turned it on and it was there. :happy1:

I'm not married to a hummingbird though. So I'm open to anything right now. Might wait till next spring but will be looking for a good deal.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We run Lowrance, always have, so we're used to the controls & how they work. I have a HDS 7 Gen 2 on the console & this is the 2nd season with it. Got it from Russell Marine, they were clearing them out to sell the new bigger(9-12") Gen 3 models. It was < $700. Reeds runs some good year end sales too, glenn, not sure if it would make up for your Cabela's bucks though. Cabela's has gotten kind of spendy IMO & we haven't bought much from them in the last 4-5 years.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
well glenn now that your retiring I suggest now,as price will go up next spring,further current model year are dissappearing to date with good discounts to be had,I'm sure lowrance is up to par these days but bird has been the word for a long time as lowrance was going thru alot of changes,infact the higher end models had programing issues for a long time,user's had to "reboot" every 30days to keep up with program changes or just losing programs,but today I here good things from walleye pro's that run lowrance,bird is still doing well and garmin is coming in strong with they're live scope,but its spendy.

I have a connection in st paul glenn for marine electronic's if your interested if coming down to kick tires.

let me know.
« Last Edit: September 09/10/20, 08:24:44 AM by snow1 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn thinks he can get one for $200.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a hummingbird flasher I can let you have for $200 Smurfy.

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn thinks he can get one for $200.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I saw one on C/list that fell off the back of a truck for $200!   :happy1:   :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Msn you guys a sure a heap of help. :doofus: :doofus: :pouty: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well glenn now that your retiring I suggest now,as price will go up next spring,further current model year are dissappearing to date with good discounts to be had,I'm sure lowrance is up to par these days but bird has been the word for a long time as lowrance was going thru alot of changes,infact the higher end models had programing issues for a long time,user's had to "reboot" every 30days to keep up with program changes or just losing programs,but today I here good things from walleye pro's that run lowrance,bird is still doing well and garmin is coming in strong with they're live scope,but its spendy.

I have a connection in st paul glenn for marine electronic's if your interested in coming down to kick tires.

let me know.
thanks for the offer snow!!!👍👍

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
glenn just what are yu trying to locate??
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: :angry2: :pouty: :pouty: :taz: :taz: :taz: training-087 training-087 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: WHY..... OH WHY do I even..... :confused: :confused: :pouty: :pouty: :doofus:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:whistling:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon