Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Costco  (Read 5984 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so the wife went and got a costco membership a while back. yesterday we went for a gander around the store. a 180 bucks later we left.  :pouty: pretty sure i'm going to like that store, wasnt impressed at all with the liquor store store however. they did have my favorite beer  :happy1:. there everyday price was the same as the sale price the other liquor stores advertise.

the things like paper towels etc are worth getting. we use alot of the kirkland stuff at the hall so i am familiar with there products and are good. talking on the way home we think depending on what we need costco will be our first grocery run stop, and things we dont need quantities od we can pick up elsewhere.

i was pretty impressed with there meat selection as well as there produce, although alot of it seems to be organic and i am not sold on organic propoganda.

i picked up 3 fillets of wild salmon!!! :happy1: been waiting for a long time to find or get that. its currenly in the brine and will get smomed in the morning!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Have never stepped foot into one. I should have a looky I guess.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Their gas is almost always 10. 15, 20 cents or more cheaper. The health and beauty stuff is also normall a good buy. I rarely go without leaving $100.00 plus behind. Dog treats and dog food, and a lot of things that fit our needs.

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
I knew!! glenn has to buy his fish!!!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I get 🦀 legs, stuffed olives, coffee, shrimp 🍤, lasagna, scotch, frozen chicken.....man, the list goes on....

Good stuff in bulk  :happy1:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I knew!! glenn has to buy his fish!!!!
:mooning: :mooning: when was the last time you caught salmon you putz.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I get 🦀 legs, stuffed olives, coffee, shrimp 🍤, lasagna, scotch, frozen chicken.....man, the list goes on....

Yea I was impressed with that stuff if I was in the market for some of that kind of thing.

What's your opinion of there chicken HD??

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

Yea I was impressed with that stuff if I was in the market for some of that kind of thing.

What's your opinion of there chicken HD??

We buy the frozen boned thighs, and they are way cheaper than what we get here. Then, mama buys the frozen chicken strips for the grandkids....and they love them.

They are bigger packages than we would buy at Cub, but we just use it as we need it. If the kids are home, we just take a bit more out of the freezer.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
How about the whole chickens?? Wet have bought chicken that wasn't to good at times that didn't say good n plump.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Besides the foods they have great deals on heavy flannel hoodies,  picked up several for 20$ a piece.  Grabbed a thick pair of snow blowing pants for 30. Heck we even got our cave TV their last year.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
How about the whole chickens?? Wet have bought chicken that wasn't to good at times that didn't say good n plump.

Dunno...we've never bought any whole chicken. Mama likes to buy the dark parts, or the strips for the grand kids.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like I'll have to check it out.

Yea boober I seen some of there clothes, don't look to shabby. Bout the only clothes I might be interested in is a flannel shirt or to.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

Yea boober I seen some of there clothes, don't look to shabby. Bout the only clothes I might be interested in is a flannel shirt or to.

hhhmmmmm....They have stuff in bulk......but I don't know if they have stuff in "tent size"  :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

hhhmmmmm....They have stuff in bulk......but I don't know if they have stuff in "tent size"  :rotflmao:
:pouty: oh you funny guy. :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
The Urban Star Jeans for about $15 is a good deal, and so are the wool socks. The Kirkland brief underwear is crappy, but the name brand boxers are a good deal. Milk, butter and eggs are also a good deal. Clothes are hit or miss, but we’ve got some good deals. Also, the optical department if you need glasses or contacts is good. Crab legs and lobster around the holidays are good and cheaper than most places.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
They just built a huge distribution center in Owatonna but there's no store. Closest Costco to here is in Rochester, about an hour away. Have to have delbert give me the guided tour I guess.  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Are they Union Glenn?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Are they Union Glenn?
not sure. Least I haven't heard??  :scratch:

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Love Costco, always get gas when we go. They have very good lean ground turkey that we make meatballs from. Good steaks, pork shoulders and bellies. Chicken, two packs of Heggies pizza. Also, good deal on vitamins. We have the executive membership with the membership rewards once a year, and use the Costco citi bank card to earn a cash back check. What not to like!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wish there was  Costco in Bemidji or I Falls.  Sounds like a fun place to shop to me.  I have friends that love their meat selections there.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: September 09/20/20, 11:41:43 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I wish there was  Costco in Bemidji or I Falls.  Sounds like a fun place to shop to me.  I have friends that love their meat selections there.

Agreed. The closest to me will be Brainerd. I-Falls lost their K-Mart so the only real game in town now is Menards.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
There have been rumors in the past of one coming to Mankato but so far only rumors. I would think Mankato could support one, of course it would take business away from existing stores though.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here, closest for us is Del's & that's over an hour(~ 80) away. We do Sam's, there's 1 in Waterloo, < 50 miles.
« Last Edit: September 09/20/20, 01:18:56 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Yup, the one's we can go to are an hour drive either way. So when we go, we stock up....easy 3 to 5 hundred. But well worth it.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, the one's we can go to are an hour drive either way. So when we go, we stock up....easy 3 to 5 hundred. But well worth it.
that was us until they built the one in st cloud. It was brainerd or maple grove.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
that was us until they built the one in st cloud. It was brainerd or maple grove.

Yeah, we gotta go to St cloud or coon rapids....a little farther would be the Maple Grove.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
They just built a huge distribution center in Owatonna but there's no store. Closest Costco to here is in Rochester, about an hour away. Have to have delbert give me the guided tour I guess.  :rotflmao:

I could do that...   Wear a mask.   Leave the smart pills at home. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Teh rotisserie chickens are great by the way.   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
There have been rumors in the past of one coming to Mankato but so far only rumors. I would think Mankato could support one, of course it would take business away from existing stores though.

They've got a Sam's Club in Mankato so I'd venture to guess a Costco would do just fine. I always wear my mask in public places delbert. Not that I believe it does a damn thing other than keep businesses from being ratted out by the mask nazis.  :police:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)