Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Fall is here~  (Read 1611 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
seems early as I noticed certain tree' leaves changing in mid july this summer,today leaves changing are in full cycle,firery colors of maple tree's.orange berries on mtn ash tree's,even my willow tree's are yellow...

This morning while walking my golden retriever Duce(sometimes he answers to the name "NO") i noticed large number's  of high flying lesser canandian geese in large "V" formation heading south,way up not looking to feed or rest

plus all the "Snow" recently to the west/northwest so its on,early migration,soon our duck season will be here,its all good.

thought I would share today's event.beautiful fall day to boot.
« Last Edit: September 09/14/20, 02:07:25 PM by snow1 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Beautiful time of year!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
My favorite time of year.  :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Bring it on!   :deer: :fish2: :campfire: :deer: :fish2: :campfire: :deer: :fish2: :campfire:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
A lot of leaves, looked to be mainly Ash to me, comin down on the driveway this mornin too.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sumac is really deep burgandy color today...  lots of red maples turning too...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yes, they are a changing.  I could see the change from Friday to Monday.  Lots of red maples now.  Basswood are turning their usual drab brown.  Little yellow on the birch.  Only bad thing is all the understory brush, ferns and other soft mast is still full green and robust.  Normally brush have lost their leaves by now and the other forest floor stuff would be brown and falling down.  For some reason, maybe rain throughout August has kept everything green well into September. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
More on migration issues~canadian border crossing is closed due to corvid 19.... :angry2:

https://flickertailtimes.com/2020/09...JO5W5qUVB9OGRY
« Last Edit: September 09/16/20, 12:13:47 PM by snow1 »