Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: No bear but bucks were moving - Two days too early  (Read 1942 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I got up early and headed out to a bear blind.  Didn't see a bear but was entertained by a couple buck.

I watched this little guy come across a field for 1/3 mile.  He then went by me at 15 yards, stopped when he
smelled me turned around for a second pass.  Then trotted off. 

I think he's relaxed enough for a shot.   

I heard this guy running through the woods.  I thought it was the little one but when he stopped at 15 yards,
I could see he was a very nice buck.  I don't know what he had been doing but his mouth was open and
he was puffing like he had been chasing a doe.  He wasn't sure what to make of me and after 20-30 seconds
took off across the field.  Great show for sure.  Two days too early. 
 :pouty:

Lots of color starting to show up. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll take #3 today.    :hubba:

:doah:  Wrong thread.  For a minute I thought I was in the "For some reason, I'm thinking..." Saloon thread.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
So you got busted eh?lol it happens to us all.maybe thats why your bear didn't come? you must of burped up some nasties from the night before...

Back in my drinking days it was gut rot whiskey,cheap beer and pizza on friday  and saturday night,I  suppose pissing on the trail in didn't help either...ah the good ole dayz
« Last Edit: September 09/21/20, 02:18:29 PM by snow1 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, nuttin' like eating Fart-n-Burp Chili and washing it down with Old Milwaukee the night before before to announce your presence to all the woodland creatures the next day.

:drinking: :Hunter: :deer: :doah:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed steve-o,my chili is loaded with dark kidney beans,man they do a # on the gut..