Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Hogs Down in South Louisiana  (Read 5099 times)

Offline Delta Duckman

• Outdoorsman
My cousin is a sugar cane farmer in Iberia Parish in south Louisiana. Hogs are a big problem for cane farmers destroying crops and fields and must be dealt with. When he knows there are hogs on a particular cane field they will have the cane cutting combine work the perimeter of the field cutting until there is a small island of standing cane remaining in the middle of a big field. The hogs bunch up in the remaining cane afraid to make a break for it then it is show time. After several are shot they make a run for it in the open field to be shot on the run. He busted them up real good yesterday as the picture shows.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
So them things worth eaten?   :scratch:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that would be a blast!!  and yes leech they can be processed to eat, it's not like a farm raised hog though.. 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow big bastages,I can smell the stink thru my key board.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
There are so many videos on the Tube about hog problems and trapping, shooting them out of helicopters, and every means of eliminating them. Just seems like a big waste of some Rib and Bacon if their eatable?  Heck we could feed all these starving children we keep hearing about and doing food drives for or ship them all frozen over to China and make some money off them? At least give them to some road side BBQ shack and break out the Mac and Cheese and greens!  :bonk: :bonk: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: December 12/03/20, 08:48:20 AM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like fun.  I just watched a hunting show where they were shooting them.  They said they don't have bacon because they are so lean there is not much on the belly but skin.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
many many moons ago i ate wild boar. it was in vegas at the Belligio. not bad from what i remember!!!! :scratch: maybe it was the beer  :scratch: or tequila!!!! :scratch: :rolleyes: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll be honest...  At first when I saw guys shooting hogs from helicopters and hunting them down with night vision equipment, I envisioned weekend warriors playing around with expensive killing toys.  But the more I learned about the problem, I came around quick.  Take 'em out any way you can.  They are smart, destructive buggers and they breed like rabbits.

I am so glad we don't have feral hogs here.  :surrender:
« Last Edit: December 12/03/20, 03:44:03 PM by Steve-o »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll be honest...  At first when I saw guys shooting hogs from helicopters and hunting them down with night vision equipment, I envisioned weekend warriors playing around with expensive killing toys.  But the more I learned about the problem, I came around quick.  Take 'em out any way you can.  They are smart, destructive buggers and they breed like rabbits.

I am so glad we don't have feral hogs here.  :surrender:
Yet. Hope it stays that way.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Well you do have a BOAR!!! :confused: :pouty: :rotflmao: :nerd:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
they are in Iowa, so I heard, so it would not surprise me if we get them here someday...  if that's true...  I think Wis. too
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Now those big ranches in the south have fences to keep the hogs on their property since it has become a cash cow for them.  You have probably seen the traps they set so they can keep them breeding in their area.  SO they are keeping it going.  I think they have 2 or 3 litters a year.  That is a whole lot of destruction!