Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Just had to check out this stand  (Read 4021 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
No one had uses this stand for years.  I usually checked it out to make sure it was safe but no one ever
hunted from it. It's an old small single metal stand that is little more than a ladder, foot rest and seat.
It's in an oak tree with a large limb next to the seat so it's actually quite safe and comfortable. There's
a reason no one uses it but that's a long story so maybe some day I can post the story.  I saw three deer
from the stand on Friday morning. A little embarrassed to say one of them walked across the field 20 yards
away and I didn't notice it until just before it went in the woods to the north.  In my defense I was looking
away to the east trying to imagine which trees could be removed to may this a better rifle stand. :rotflmao:

Looking west up a long narrow field. The brown grass has some trees in it and you can see the
apple trees beyond that.  Plan was to put food plot between the stand and trees.  Another story.

Wheeler trail going past looking east into the woods.

More woods to the south.

Looking on the field to the north.

Looking on the field to the south.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
I think I sat in it 2 or 3 years ago when I arrived to late to get anywhere else before daylight.  Cool spot.  I think I fell asleep in it.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.