Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Saturday night hunt  (Read 4034 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Fifteen minutes after getting in this stand, a doe and fawn showed up about 50 yards away.  For the next
2 hours and 45 minutes I watched them feed around my stand never getting more than 50 yards from me.
Sometimes they were directly below me. North, east, west south and down, never once winding me.  They
did on occasion look at me but never took me as a threat and just went back to feeding.  This was one of
5 times this happened to us this weekend. My guess is that's why you don't see many deer during the middle
of October.  You have to setup within 100 yards of them or you will never see them. 

Somewhat more open here then most of my bow stands.

Pretty open this way as well.

Just need a bowling ball to drop on her.

20 yards. Even I could hit this one.  Decided not to shoot because it was too warm and I would have had to leave.

This deer has no legs.

Forget the scary guy and check out the deer that ask to be in a selfie.

Normally this is what you see after being busted and the deer hightails it out out of there.  This one
simply went back to feeding not being too concerned about the blob in the tree.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
I love the selfie where the deer is also looking at the camera.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
What a fun sit.