Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: View on Saturday morning and afternoon  (Read 4045 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Being the deer were pounding the turnip plot by my cabin, I decided to hunt near there just to see what happens. Actually I do know what happens because I have a camera there that is set up for field scan so I know that as soon as we leave, the deer go nuts. I saw a big buck working his way down the tree line presumably to the scrape.  Half way there he bumped into a doe and fawn and they led him away. 

Crisp Saturday morning.

Who couldn't like this, even at 17 degrees.

There's a small scrape 20 yards out from the stand.

These deer came out to eat while we were having lunch.  I had been in the big oak in the upper left of the picture

After the 6 were chased off the field by our going in and out of the cabin, the were replaced by 4 different deer.

I couldn't help but go back in that stand for the evening hunt.  I wish I could have taken a picture around 5 PM
 because there were 11 deer in the field. I had my bow at the ready and planned to shoot one of the big does
 in the bunch if given a good shot. With that many deer there were some nerves nellies and too many eyes,
 noses and ears for me to get a shot. 

Smaller doe eating turnips.

Something spooked her (I doubt it was me because she ran right at me)

Suspended in air.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***