Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Winter words of wisdom  (Read 2670 times)

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
St. Croix County Sheriff's OfficeLike Page
6h ยท
Not sure who needs to hear this 🤔, but we've compiled some winter driving safety tips for you.

1. It's snow, DON'T LOSE YOUR MINDS!!!

TURN ON YOUR HEADLIGHTS!!!
2. Two inches of snow is just as slippery as two feet of snow. You're gonna have to increase your stopping distance.

3. Like coloring, it's important to stay between the lines.

4. Just like middle school, no PDA. NO TOUCHING ALLOWED!!! Cars are forbidden from touching each other.

5. You may have forgot, but cars love ditches. If you have questions see #3.

6. 4 wheel drive doesn't equal 4 wheel stop.

7. All wheel drive or 4 wheel drive doesn't make your suburatank invincible or give you the right to drive like a jackwagon. Just, no.

We can do this people 🤞👍.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed,"turn on your headlights!" whats wrong with folks these days?low light or adverse condtion's state law "headlights on" guyz driving these new heavey duty ford trucks seem to always have high beams on? whats up with that,forget about flashing them,they haven't a clue what that means.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just put them on auto and have it over with....  just sayin
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed mike,but most rice burners don't have auto lights on,just like they don't have daytime running lights.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
didn't know that snow, thanks..  but still people.... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
just put them on auto and have it over with....  just sayin

'zactly mikey. This headlight thing is a longtime pet peeve of mine. Wish the manufacturers would standardize the way they operate. Yesterday when it was snowing hard, some clown on Hwy 13 in a gray car was trailing a semi while I was waiting at the stop sign. Car had no lights on. There was a plume of moisture coming off the truck tires along with the swirling snowfall. Had I not looked twice, I never would've seen the damn car. Some cars, like our old '99 Regal the lights are on all the time, including the tail lights. The wife's Fort has automatic lights but they don't come on until the light conditions are pretty low. On my charcoal gray Dotch pickup, the running lights do come on automatically but the tail lights do not. If conditions are at all questionable, I turn the lights on manually. Better to see and be seen rather than becoming a statistic trying to save money on headlights. :happy1: 
« Last Edit: October 10/21/20, 04:50:48 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup may as well have headlights and taillights on all of the time but have a switch to turn them off whilst hunting etc.