Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Now this was a good surprise  (Read 1927 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Around 4-5 years ago I left a mount at a taxidermy location.  I knew the guy from previous work and he had made donations for our MDHA banquets.  He was going to repair the damaged sunfish and replace the crappie with a new 16" one that I gave him.  Time and life goes on and I pretty much gave up on ever seeing the mount again.  My buddy who shot a big buck on my land this past Saturday wanted to know where he could get a European mount done. I knew this guy was always looking for good big capes so my friend called him. They worked out a price if he brought in the head with the cape.  I went with my friend to pick up his processed meat and then dropped off the cape at the taxidermy.  The guy remembered me and without me saying anything he went in the back room and came out with my fish mount. He had repaired the sunfish but said his freezer went out and the crappie was lost. At any rate, I never expected to see this again.  Strange world.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Um, did yea forget to leave a phone number with him? :bonk: :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Awesome! But what Leech said.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Nicely done. 4-5 years? yikes.Maybe 7 years on the euro mount then eh? :scratch:

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I dug back in my picture files and it may have been a tad longer like 5-6 years.  So, just how did this happen.  I'm sure some of it is my fault for not contacting him about it.  After some thought, I do recall hearing something about the freezer failure years ago and may have told him I would bring another crappie which I never did.  So here we are 5 years later and when I show up unannounced, without asking, he produces the mount. That is remarkable for sure. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman