Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: creed moore 6.5?  (Read 6598 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Anyone here have one/shoot one? hearing good things for this flat shooter,only 10lbs of felt recoil vs 35lbs on a 7mm.

curious.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
nope never have. lately that seems to be the new crave in guns. looked at a few but no desire...i have all the guns i need.

sorry i couldnt help snow!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah  glenn,pretty sure its a western rifle,goat hunters in montana claim 1000td kill shots,.Pretty sure the majority of mn hunters shoot 06 and 30/30's.

I'm kinda thinking out loud as I bought a place in central SD to retire on soon,couple prairie dog towns nearby I stubbled across road hunting.thinking of upgrading my 22 250 for varmits,this 6.5 would be a multi task tool,varmits and deer.
« Last Edit: October 10/29/20, 01:43:08 PM by snow1 »

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
bought my wife onenlast year and i lovenit. shot my championship buck lastbyear with it. if i buy anotherbrifle it will be a 6.5
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

bought my wife onenlast year and i lovenit. shot my championship buck lastbyear with it. if i buy anotherbrifle it will be a 6.5
:confused: :doah: :doah: so if you bought it for your wife, why the hell you using it?? :confused: :scratch: :pouty:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I have shot one. About the same as a .270, the ballistics are very similar. Both are flat shooters. The shooting club seems to be of the consensus that the 6.5 will replace the .270
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
cause
:rotflmao: I suppose, just like fishing, she has to catch or hook the fish then let you reel it in or you throw a hissy fit. :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanx for the info guyz,just another toy I don't need but want I guess.

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
I am very fond of the 6.5 creedmore. I permanently retired the 7 rem. because of the tremendous damage to whitetail and the abuse from recoil. It puts virtually any target you can see in range. As for personal clinicals at the range at 100 yards which is where I chose to site in at the groups all hold under 3/4 inch. The last two deer seasons a lung shot on a trotting 6 pt dropped him at 35-40 yards. and this year on a still 8pt. I put one into the first vertebrae from the head which shut him off instantly and other than the entire neck being destroyed it only destroyed that one bone and minor meat damage with  blood infused into the hide for about 4 inches surrounding the site.  Plenty sufficient on deer. and a pleasure to fire.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I have shot one. About the same as a .270, the ballistics are very similar. Both are flat shooters. The shooting club seems to be of the consensus that the 6.5 will replace the .270

Agreed HD. infact talk 6.5 could also replace the 308?  further tests of the creed more revealed the 6.5 has 10lbs of felt recoil  compaired to 30lbs of felt recoil bolt action 270.Prairie doggin last summer the creed moore was spot on out to 800yds w/55gr,lite breeze,very impressed,buddy muley hunting out west took a dandy muley at 500yds shooting 143gr,very versatile firearm.
« Last Edit: December 12/28/20, 07:35:17 AM by snow1 »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I purchase a 80% lower yesterday to start on my 6.5 Creedmoore build.
I was thinking about a 6.5 Grendall....But, I like the ballistics on the Creedmore better.
Less recoil than the 700 Win Mag, and very accurate out to 1000 yards.
With deeper penetration and flatter shooting than the 7.62 Russian.

This is going to be my speed goat / muley hunting gun for the Dakota's & Montana.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Cool. Where did you get the lower from HD?
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Sota arms in North Branch

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Awesome. Thanks HD. I will have to check them out.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I ordered two 80 percent lowers on Thursday. Said they could take up to 4 weeks to get. Then I will have to figure out where to mill them out. Highly doubt I can bring them to work and do it in the mill there. That was the nice thing about where I used to work. Smaller shop and non of the politics. I will ask my supervisor though. If not a buddy of mine has a manual mill in his garage. Main thing though,  I wanted to get them before we can't. Thanks for the lead HD.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
No problem 👍
Strange that you have to wait 4 weeks though. They had 80% un-anidized lowers there last week.....oh well.

If you can't find a way to get them machined, I may know a guy  :nerd:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to know. Thanks.