Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Did anyone notice it was windy Saturday evening and Sunday morning  (Read 3828 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Wow, what a blast. (wind blast that is)  Saturday evening around 5:30 I had a couple does feeding about 60 yards away.  I stood up, got my bow ready and pretended I was going to shoot.  Actually I would have if one would have made it to me before it got dark.  With the wind howling and the tree stand swaying like it wanted to buck me out, I pretended to take a shot.  Between me shaking (not quite buck fever but had some shakes going on), the tree stand swinging in the wind, the deer moving and god knows what the wind would do with my arrow, I just hung up the bow and chuckled to myself thinking no way.  The doe did get to within 35 yards but by then darkness got added to the mix so I just gave up and shined a light at her so I could go down before I got sea sick.  Makes me wonder what the heck I was doing there in the first place. Well, it wouldn't be the first time I was in a deer stand with no intention of shooting a deer.  :surrender:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes sir. I was rocking in the tree also. Had one doe Saturday evening that almost made it to the shooting lane at 25 yards. But turned around before getting there.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, I was out Saturday too,   It has been a long time since I was in a tree that was swaying that much.  Didn't see any deer either.   :doah:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
yea wowzer was it windy.....i/ve left the woods with less wind. to many trees to fall on  ya!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!