Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Minnesota DNR News  (Read 6697 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service

:reporter;    Minnesota DNR News

For Immediate Release: :Hunter:

Nov. 5, 2020

:coffee: ,,,,
Temporary off-highway vehicle restrictions begin with firearms deer opener

:drillsergeant: ......
Off-highway vehicles for recreational use will be restricted in some areas during the Minnesota firearms deer hunting season. :tut:

The restrictions, which apply to state forest trails and access routes but not to state forest roads, aim to protect recreational riders from potentially unsafe riding conditions and to minimize conflicts training-087 between deer hunters and recreational riders who may inadvertently disturb them.

The 2020 riding season has seen many new OHV enthusiasts hitting the trails for the first time, and many of them may not be familiar with these longstanding temporary closures, said Bruce Lawrence, recreational vehicle coordinator for the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources Enforcement Division. If you know someone who's new to riding this year, we encourage you to share this information with them.

Vehicles affected by the restrictions include all-terrain vehicles, off-highway motorcycles and registered off-road vehicles such as four-wheel drive trucks that are not being used in conjunction with deer hunting by a licensed deer hunter.

Licensed deer hunters may still use these routes in conjunction with their hunting activity:
•Before legal shooting time.
•From 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
•After legal shooting hours

Effective dates of the recreational riding restrictions are:
•7-22 for the northeastern Minnesota 100 Series deer season.
•7-15 for the Minnesota 200 Series deer season.

Because recreational OHV trails located in southeastern Minnesota close by Nov. 1 each year, no additional OHV riding restrictions are necessary in that part of the state.

While many recreational OHV riders have voluntarily opted not to ride forest trails during deer hunting and small-game seasons, recreational OHV riding has become a year-round sport for many. DNR officials remind everyone who visits Minnesota's state forests this fall to put safety first. :tut:

For more information, visit the OHV closures page for specific trail closure information; the 2020 deer season map online; or contact the DNR Information Center at info.dnr@state.mn.us or call 888-646-6367 between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday. :bow:

Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
So I got an email from the DNR, starting soon, if you have a husband/ wife license of any type you now both have to go down to get it so they can update the information.

Not a big deal but I get the sportsman's license and could get it when I felt like it, now gotta drag the wife with
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
hmm. I  haven't gotten that email. Yet.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I always get the husband/wife Sportsman thing online.  Then I print out multiple copies and put one in each boat and fishhouse and one in our wallets.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hmm. I  haven't gotten that email. Yet.
well its been pretty darn cold up your way..........maybe the wires gotta thaw out some more!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I always get the husband/wife Sportsman thing online.  Then I print out multiple copies and put one in each boat and fishhouse and one in our wallets.
i used to also, until i seen  it was coming from like tennessee...i aint giving an extra 3-5 bucks to an out of state place.......i'll support a local business.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
If you buy a fishing license online they don't even mail it to you. You have to print them out yourself.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
If you buy a fishing license online they don't even mail it to you. You have to print them out yourself.
well I'm SOL for now. The printer I had I had to return when I retired. We looked around Christmas but there wasn't many to choose from.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I prefer to go to the ELS agent for fishing license anyway. Then they are waterproof. I put my sportsman license in my wallet and the wife's goes in the tackle box. That way it is always with us.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I prefer to go to the ELS agent for fishing license anyway. Then they are waterproof. I put my sportsman license in my wallet and the wife's goes in the tackle box. That way it is always with us.
same here!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Glenn printers are cheap (it's the ink they clobber you on) for the price of 20 cases (about $100) of that stuff you call beer you can buy a new printer. Either that or tell momma to get a part time job.  :bonk:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn printers are cheap (it's the ink they clobber you on) for the price of 20 cases (about $100) of that stuff you call beer you can buy a new printer. Either that or tell momma to get a part time job.  :bonk:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: I know,  just haven't felt the absolute need quite yet but it's on the need to buy list. Even if we had one I wouldn't buy my license on line.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :banghead: :banghead: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: man there are some "healthy" conversations on a few other sites about this new rule. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

most pissing and moaning about having to drag the wife with to get a new license. of cours i didnt add no fuel to them either  :evil: :shocked: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:banghead: :banghead: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: man there are some "healthy" conversations on a few other sites about this new rule. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

most pissing and moaning about having to drag the wife with to get a new license. of cours i didnt add no fuel to them either  :evil: :shocked: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ugh... you need um new hunting license too?   :taz:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
glenn on the up side you should get the senior discount on your combo license fee right? I'm not married so dunno for sure?

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Once you turn 90 you don't need a license

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
glenn on the up side you should get the senior discount on your combo license fee right? I'm not married so dunno for sure?
it m not sure. Never looked into it. When I figure the price of the license by the amount of hours I spend hunting or fishing it's pretty minimal fee. It's the damn beer that's spendy. :confused: :rotflmao:

Roony, I think it's younger than that. :scratch: my mom is 84 and think hers is free, she just needs to get it renewed somehow???🤔

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it m not sure. Never looked into it. When I figure the price of the license by the amount of hours I spend hunting or fishing it's pretty minimal fee. It's the damn beer that's spendy. :confused: :rotflmao:

Roony, I think it's younger than that. :scratch: my mom is 84 and think hers is free, she just needs to get it renewed somehow???🤔
used to be younger than that Glenn, but it's 90 now... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hmmm  :scratch: didn't know that. Not close to 90 yet. :rotflmao:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hmmm  :scratch: didn't know that. Not close to 90 yet. :rotflmao:

What if ya just feel like 90 :scratch:

Just sayin :confused:

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
HEY LEE, I see Kim Kardashian is available again. :sleazy: I bet she could make ya feel a few years younger. :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :super smiley: :super smiley:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :reporter; ... MN DNR Deer feeding and attractants bans :tut:

:coffee: ....
https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/cwd/feedban.html
« Last Edit: February 02/26/21, 01:11:20 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So the DNR says the 2021 regulations are out, checked twice at license places,none to be found. :confused: typical government at it's finest.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
So the DNR says the 2021 regulations are out, checked twice at license places,none to be found. :confused: typical government at it's finest.

You just didn't look hard enough....

https://files.dnr.state.mn.us/rlp/regulations/hunting/full_regs.pdf?updated=20210730
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

https://files.dnr.state.mn.us/rlp/regulations/hunting/full_regs.pdf?updated=20210730

what's new there!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

what's new there!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
:scratch: :doah: N O T H I N G!!  :doofus: :pouty:                                ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused:I want the book version  :cheerleader: :banghead: :banghead:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut:  :violin: :violin: :violin: :cry: :cry: :cry:  :pouty:                           :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:             
     ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
 Minnesota's DNR wolf plan

:coffee:..   https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/wolves/wolf-plan.html

Many BWCA Reports

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Lee and Merry Christmas to you.