Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: View from my stand this evening  (Read 4659 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I got to the cabin around 2 PM after shoveling snow and doing some chores, I decided this was as good
a place to hunt as anywhere so I put my feet up and waited.  Just before 4 PM the deer started coming
to the field.  At one time I counted 11 of them.  Not a buck in the bunch.  Many of them were often
well within bow range.  I thought with that many does a buck would just have to come sniffing around.
Never happened but did have a great show from 4 to 5:30 when I made noise on the deck to scare them off.

The porch looked too cold so I just stayed inside.

Inside the cabin.

Thought about going in the stand in the oak tree across the field. Didn't think too long about it.

Looked like three big does, three smaller does, and 5 fawns.

Something had scared them off but they came back in 5 minutes.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nothing wrong with a Gentlemen's Hunt DE!   :sleazy:

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice...here is the view from my stand last night and this morning.  All I got to see was tracks and one chipmunk.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!