Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: FISHING REPORT LAKE OAHE/SHARPE JANUARY 2021  (Read 1318 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
I just had 3 good friends/fishermen stay at my house and fish Oahe for two days and Sharpe for one day so I thought I would just do a little update on their trip for those of you that are still wanting to fish. Jim Randash Mike Kulm from Rapid along with Dave from North Dakota caught an avg of 11 keepers a day and also released an 11 I/2 lb and an 8 1/2 Lb plus walleye along with losing a couple of other big fish at the boat. The fish they caught and kept were all healthy and in good shape with all there overs each day.. They had to break thin ice going out of spring creek so as far as open water fishing goes it is probably about over on the big lake. They fished up around the Cheyenne and caught just about all of these fish on plastics (jigs pitched) in around 30 fow. The last day Monday they fished Sharpe around Pierre keeping only 7 keepers but the bite for the hardy fishermen has been ok most days on the river. I am not pushing this late open water fishing for everyone as a boat break down can be dangerous. If you go out go with another boat for obvious safety reasons These guys are all very good fishermen just looking for one last shot at some bigger fish before ice fishing takes over and are willing to put up with all the extra work involved. I am waiting until Spring due to a fact called age and putting 150 days on the water already this year or maybe just getting to be a woss. Any way there should be good fishing next spring and I would not be surprised if someone puts a new state record up maybe both on walleye and smallmouth. These guys also caught and released an almost 7 lb. smallmouth too. I hope everyone had a great holiday season and look forward to seeing many of you next spring.

HUTCH'S GUIDE SERVICE
Hutch
« Last Edit: January 01/07/21, 03:17:36 PM by Hutch »
Good fishing Hutch