Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: BWCA Sandwich Spread.  (Read 2819 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
                             One sandwich coming right up.

Dr. Bob's BWCA Super Sandwich Spread.

During a recent BWCA fishing outing with the infamous Dr. Bob he took the time to share one of his north woods sandwich spread recipes. I've decided to pass it on to others so they to can enjoy "Dr. Bob's BWCA Super Sandwich Spread."

Ingredients :

Two slices white bread
 To much diced chicken :undecided:
 To much Mayonnaise :bonk:
 Seasoning of your choice :confused:

Equipment needed:

One rubber sandal with deep track thread
 One Lund boat with beautiful forest green carpet
 One fishing rod

Preparation procedure :

Make sure preparation area is well cluttered :doah:
 Remove pre-made sandwich from cooler
 Set fishing rod down on floor
 Unwrap sandwich
 When fish strikes promptly place unwrapped sandwich on right knee :tut:
 Lunge for fishing rod swiftly while knocking sandwich to the carpeted floor in one motion.
 Stand up to set the hook while placing right foot on sandwich and slide foot forward :doah:

After the disappointment discovering that you missed the fish, :rolleyes: refocus on the sandwich spread preparation.
 Remove the sandwich parts that have not been smooched from carpet and throw overboard to the gulls :sad:
 Inspect the under sole of your sandal and admire your BWCA Sandwich Spread :censored: :angry2:

Caution:
 This should only be attempted by persons over 200 pounds!

Enlarge Photo fur best viewing! :puke:

:Photography:
« Last Edit: November 11/15/20, 04:01:14 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
to funny!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds slippery too.   :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I think you'd a had better results just handing the rod to borgie,  sammich gobbled up and  :fish2:  in da boat!!  :happy1:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
I think you'd a had better results just handing the rod to borgie,  sammich gobbled up and  :fish2:  in da boat!!  :happy1:

Unfortunately Borgie was not part a-da crew on dat outing. Dr Bob was da one dat was havin a bad day! Tings got better fur old Bob shortly after dat incident. As I was able ta put OL Bob on da best walleye he ever caught.

Here's Da Rest a-da story :coffee:

:coffee:
This year on July 11th it was a very special outing for a great friend Bob Dahl (avid outdoorsman) who recently survived a horrid auto accident followed by many surgeries. Bob's favorite place on earth is Basswood Lake and this had all been taken away from him. While lying flat on his back in the hospital, I sent Bob a card with a gift certificate for a free day trip to Basswood. This of course was if he'd be physically able. Bob told me later that the invite was just what he needed to lift the old spirits while laid up. :popcorn:

The date of the outing had arrived and Bob was still on the mend, but was not to be denied a day in the BWCA. With the help of some medical devices and a hand full of pain medications we were under way. Being an experienced fisherman Bob was no stranger to an outing with less than favorable weather. We had off and on showers and a slow bite going on. This didn't matter to our Bob since he was just thankful to be where he belonged once more. :bow:

We decided to devote or attentions to a proven lunker spot before calling it a day. Bob got a hit in about 20 feet of water and we were both hoping large. When he set the hook the fish held tight to the bottom. We weren't worried because we gots us 6 lb. test and a tiny #8 hook. Bob finally managed to defeat the brute and wound up with a 10# eye in the net. After a quick Kodak moment she was released to fight again. (View on my photos page) I told Bob "God gave you that fish" and he replied ............"I know it Lee".

Note: I'm lookin fer da photos......hang in dare!

:oops1: Found um!

:Photography:
« Last Edit: November 11/16/20, 04:11:03 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Atta baby Lee and Bob!!!  Good for both of youse!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
darn nice fish and a better story for Bob after seeing that car!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!