Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: My last hurrah for gun season  (Read 3297 times)

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, I'm runnin' out of time here.  Tomorrow will be my last hunt for the 2020 gun season.  Unless I find one tomorrow, it's tag soup for this tired old fart.  Missed a long shot on the opener.  Deer showed up all the way on the other side of a clear cut I was sitting on.  I figured it was about 175 yards, and I managed to miss it.  No excuses-I should have hit that deer. Since then, I've played peek a boo with a couple very smart does that just refused to cooperate.  I had a porcupine waddle right past me, and a very friendly grouse that landed on my gun barrel, jumped up onto the bill of my cap, sat on my shoulder, and then hopped down and walked away.  I've seen turkeys, geese and swans flying overhead, and more than my fair share of those annoying 200 lbs. grey squirrels that darned near gave me a heart attack sneaking up to me.  It's been a fun season, but it would be nice if the Red Gods smiled on me tomorrow and presented me with a shot.  Good luck to all our members headed out this weekend.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good luck there gopherg, from the sounds of it you had a pretty full season already.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, no luck, but I sure had a good time.  One of those 200 lbs. squirrels snuck up on me and gave me the business from a tree about 5 yards away.  I had a chubby little mouse at my feet most of the morning. The turkeys were back.  7 of em fed across the skid path I was sitting on, not paying the least bit of attention to me. Two big toms in the group.  Highlight of the morning was seeing a coyote doing about Mach 5 across a clear cut trying to get away from a black lab that was hell bent on seeing him have a really bad day.  Very little shooting heard, nothing close by.  The trail back into the woods was like a ski slope.  All most slid the Explorer off the side of the hill.  No harm no foul though. My back's been barking at me all day.  I think my gun season's done.  I'll be dusting off the old Hawkins pretty quick here and rounding up all the stuff I need to make it hum.  I've got another spot I'll hunt for BP.  There's a couple does in there that think they're Guernsies.  How'd everyone else do this weekend?