Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Booties?  (Read 5102 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Any of you guyz that bird hunt late season put booties on your pup?Been pheasant hunting in south dakota and my boy gets cold feet with snow balls inbetween his toes,been shaving the pad hair but not to much inbetween his toes they need some hair to minumize friction as they run,been sprayin pam on his feet that helps with snowballs but not the cold,usually warm his feet up with my hands when he stops and raises his feet,poor guy,guess I'm a slave driver,used leather booties when hunting birds in kansas because of pear catus,nasty stuff long needles,pup hated to wear the darn things funny as heck the first time on but looking into these insulated booties.any info welcome.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Saw you weren't getting any reply's.

I didn't read it all, something about leather and nasty stuff. 
Hope this helps?   :confused:
« Last Edit: January 01/30/21, 12:39:06 PM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
OMG!!  Where is Lee when we need him?  He'd hit that in a heartbeat.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When it is real cold out the wife tries to velcro kids socks on the dogs.  It is a 50/50 success deal.  Usually lose one each time.  We have wondered how real booties would work.

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
My dogs have worn some pretty simple booties from dog booties in Duluth. They fasten with Velcro and if you’re careful with getting them on they and fastened they stay on. Nothing fancy, just enough to keep the snow buildup out of their paws. Pretty reasonable price too. Got some more expensive ones from Gander once made of neoprene. The pup at that time could hardly walk with. Pretty comical watching him wrestle with them, but they went back to the store right away.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
The kiddo picked up a set for her golden retriever but ya he don't like em. Our past springer had issues with the snow but the labs never had problems.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman

Leech,that ain't right,down right nasty ishcabibble....

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Leech,that ain't right,down right nasty ishcabibble....
Yeah but it brought you some responses. So I'm thinking it worked.  :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

I knew I could count on you Leech... :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

I knew I could count on you Leech... :rotflmao:
  Just trying to help out where ever I can?  :confused:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanx for the headsup smokey,pam works well for snow balls but looking at these neoprene  booties to keep his feet from freezing even tho once I warm his feet up in my hand he's fine,thinking these booties might be the ticket if they stay on,had issues with the leather booties falling off.