Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Puppy picks  (Read 47746 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Damn forgot to crop. Just for you boar  :sleazy:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Here's shadow. Not sure how you got yours to sit still long enough though  :rolleyes:
  Cooper looks like he's sayin " How am I doin, Dad?" to me & with Shadow it looks more like "WTH you doin now, are we done yet?". ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Here's shadow. Not sure how you got yours to sit still long enough though  :rolleyes:
  Cooper looks like he's sayin " How am I doin, Dad?" to me & with Shadow it looks more like "WTH you doin now, are we done yet?". ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: well i dont know how the hell LPS got cooper to sit still that long!!!!! :scratch: :scratch: :doah: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Those pooches like dynamite fellas!! Any thoughts on having them fixed yet? The whipper snappers golden retriever was fixed right away and doesn't lift his leg. The lab that's not fixed pisses on everything .. even the retriever gets a golden shower now and then.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Those pooches like dynamite fellas!! Any thoughts on having them fixed yet? The whipper snappers golden retriever was fixed right away and doesn't lift his leg. The lab that's not fixed pisses on everything .. even the retriever gets a golden shower now and then.
mines definetly getting fixed. we talked to the vet and they say ya gotta wait at least 6 months. AND i've been told for health reasons to wait till there 9 months old!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
This is fun watching the "puppy" saga unfold for you guys. Our only batch of Border Collie pups resulted in one black & white rough coat we wound up keeping because he had a swallowing issue. Pretty normal otherwise at least initially. I took him to the vet at ~ 6 months to get him fixed so he'd be a "squatter" and not a "leg lifter". After they did the surgery and had me pick him up, they told me to keep him calm when I took him out to the truck. Border Collie? Calm? Ya right. I opened the front door so I could put a towel down for him to lay on on the front seat. He was used to riding in the back seat so he jumped in over the top of me, flew over the top of the front seat and into the back seat, panting with his tongue hanging out like he always did. Yep, he sure looks calm alright... :doah:
« Last Edit: January 01/07/21, 07:56:40 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I will get Cooper fixed as soon as I can and have heard the 6 month mark is a good target so that's when I have them done.  I think that dogs, horses, etc. learn a lot from the animals around them.  If a dog sees another dog raise his leg to pee he is more apt to also.  Once they get older it is easier to squat.  Cooper is my 6th lab.  They have all been great pets and friends.  They have all been males.  I have waited to have a couple of them neutered.  One I bred to some females and it went well.  The other was a pain and had expensive bladder uretha issues that the Vet said was from not neutering him.  Like $3,000 bill.  SO no brainer to me. 
« Last Edit: January 01/07/21, 08:18:26 PM by LPS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mines been a royal PITA tonight. :confused: :confused: he has earned a time out in his kennel. :tut: he just doesn't leave the sheltie alone.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
haha. boar jr pee'd on yur pilllow!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
haha. boar jr pee'd on yur pilllow!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: nope!!!🤣🤣

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
the other thing that little terrorist started doing. he'd go outside and pick up his frozen turds and start carrying them around!!!!! :doah: :doofus:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
better start feeding him better!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
the other thing that little terrorist started doing. he'd go outside and pick up his frozen turds and start carrying them around!!!!! :doah: :doofus:

Like I told ya, dogs take after their owners!  :shocked:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

training-087 training-087 :party1: :banghead: :banghead: training-087 :taz: :taz: I think you got a hole in your tanker of gin. :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
They are good for that,  frozen poopcicles my vet called em. After daily fetch with the pooches i trained myself to pick em up, just so they don't step in em , besides spring thaw the yard isn't filled with em.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
They are good for that,  frozen poopcicles my vet called em. After daily fetch with the pooches i trained myself to pick em up, just so they don't step in em , besides spring thaw the yard isn't filled with em.
I've been out daily sometimes every other day. Cause I got time. :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:happy1: I gotta agree with Dotch, I think he's full of it too!! ;) :laugh: :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:happy1: I gotta agree with Dotch, I think he's full of it too!! ;) :laugh: :laugh:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: Yea like your not full of it too!!!🤣🤣🤣

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Gotta love the sound of frozen Ruby terds going thru the snowblower.  :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Gotta love the sound of frozen Ruby terds going thru the snowblower.  :happy1:

I'll bet Ruby doesn't carry them around like a trophy!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think the eating their own poop is a sign of boredom.  ???  I hope this video comes through.  First attempt and nothing special. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 Shadow doesn't eat it. He just grabs it shakes his head with it and runs around like he's on uppers. :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Shadow doesn't eat it. He just grabs it shakes his head with it and runs around like he's on uppers. :rotflmao:
:scratch: He wants to play fetch, glenn! :doah: He's hopin he can get you pick 'em up & throw 'em :doofus: for him so he can bring it back to you.  :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:           ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: January 01/09/21, 09:07:20 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so playing around with shadow i took one of them little rope things with the tennis ball, well there was a tennis ball  :confused: :rotflmao: kept throwing it.....he'd go get it and bring it mostly all the way back.... he did this about 10 times then lost interest...its a start!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :applause: Atta boy!! :cool: Wear off at least a little of that piss & vinegar. :laugh: :laugh:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The wife read a thing from AKC that said to feed puppy food until they are a year old.  If you neuter that pup at around 6 months or so then switch to adult maintenance food.  They no longer need the high protein of the puppy food after neutering.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I haven't taken Cooper for a ride yet Glenn.  It will be an issue since Buddy and I take the ol Ford to town so the puppy may cramp his style.  Have to try it though.  We did cut his toe nails on Sun.  Piece of cake.  Carla played with him and I cut them with a people fingernail clipper.  He didn't even know I did it.  LOL

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I sure hope I don't lose my white puppy in the blizzard tomorrow.  :pouty: :confused: :pouty: :nerd: :nerd:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
again???   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: