Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: black friday  (Read 4665 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
OK who's all hitting the stores tomorrow?????  come on fess up!!!! :rotflmao: i am, but just 2 places. tobbacco shop and menards. my stradegy is to go around lunch time. hope it works.

from the sales ads it looks as most those so called sales are more then 1 day and i dont see any day really any better then the next.

what i find rather amusing is most these goofy gotta go black friday shopping is they dont go to get there xmas presents but to get whatever is on sale that the shopper wants!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I looked at the adds and found 4 things I wanted. Two at FF and two at Home Depot.  I went on line to order and both stores were out of stock on all items.  Why advertise if you don't have the product.  Sucks for sure. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll try to order on line too..  not to hopefull..  only store I want to hit is Coborns and the 2 day sale they have.. 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
We are going electric fireplace shopping. Looking for a corner model.
That will be Mama's Christmas present...
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i refuse to order online.  :confused:i just dont trust it. besides i need to look at, feel and touch it to buy it. maybe i'm to old fashioned but the horror stories out there of ID  theft, banks accounts getting robbed, scares the ever living crap out of me.

i now.....someday i might have to, but................

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Change of plans here, been chasing roosters for lots of years on black Friday but the kid is gonna go in for overtime.  I think I might go out and hit the stores, just to see what the hype is about..

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Change of plans here, been chasing roosters for lots of years on black Friday but the kid is gonna go in for overtime.  I think I might go out and hit the stores, just to see what the hype is about..

oh so your wife said "honey lets go shopping tomorrow"??? 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

oh so your wife said "honey lets go shopping tomorrow"???
Ha!! No I'll be hitting man stores, maybe stop at Walmart for some people watching perhaps..lol

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Good luck gentlemen.  I’m not allowed in the stores until December as the wife and kids have Covid.  So I’ll be spending Black Friday quarantining chasing pheasants with the dog. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Dang , hopefully they're ok G. That's a great plan to quarantine!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
G, hope your family gets better real soon. Good luck chasing them chinese chicken.

Guess we are adding another stop tomorrow, best buy to get a printer.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
my best to ya G!! 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
G, hope your family gets better real soon. Good luck chasing them chinese chicken.

Guess we are adding another stop tomorrow, best buy to get a printer.
:scratch: Who is gonna hook that up for you? :confused: I hope they can show you how to use it too!!  Do they know anything about phones? :evil:                                                          ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:                                           
« Last Edit: November 11/27/20, 08:05:32 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The neighbor kid could make a killing at Glenns house giving lessons.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Might take a drive over to Walker and check out Reeds today after we sight in. Might need some beer too. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
man i love that reeds store!!!!! just dont get to Walker much......which is kinda a good thing. :rotflmao:

man i feel the love here already..........sheez!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :sad: :embarrassed: :doah: :rotflmao: dont worry, we'll getter figured out!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Thanks guys.  Bad news is I tested positive this morning.  Besides not being able to taste and smell I am feeling fine.  Still going to hit the pheasant fields by myself.  I wonder if I’d be able to eat Glenn’s cooking.....nah it’d still taste terrible.   :sleazy:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks guys.  Bad news is I tested positive this morning.  Besides not being able to taste and smell I am feeling fine.  Still going to hit the pheasant fields by myself.  I wonder if I’d be able to eat Glenn’s cooking.....nah it’d still taste terrible.   :sleazy:
:tut: :tut:  i'll have you know..................bummer G, hope it dont get worse!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Bummer G.  Good thing you feel good.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sorry to hear that general!!! 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear that general. Hope you continue to feel OK. Just had another guy in today who had it but was over the quarantine period. Didn't have his mask on when he was in here (neither did we) but when he left he put it on and jumped in his pickup. Nobody riding with him. :confused:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :pouty: well........my theory of waiting till noonish for the zoo in st cloud to thin out was a total bust. what a friggin zoo. best buy didnt have the printer.........they were sold out of them since wed.  :confused:

we scored what we set out to get at the other stops, and even got gas for 1.75 a gallon. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Didn't have his mask on when he was in here (neither did we) but when he left he put it on and jumped in his pickup. Nobody riding with him. :confused:
Probably sleeps alone while wearing a condom, too.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dats a funny one fishwidow!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:   and maybe even true!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope the rona stays mild for ya G! And that was funnier then heck fishwidow! :rotflmao:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: :pouty: well........my theory of waiting till noonish for the zoo in st cloud to thin out was a total bust. what a friggin zoo. best buy didnt have the printer.........they were sold out of them since wed.  :confused:

we scored what we set out to get at the other stops, and even got gas for 1.75 a gallon. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
It was a zoo at Menard's & Wallyworld yday in Mason City too. FF & Best Buy looked to be the same but my brother went in Target while I was at the optometrist & he said almost half of their cashiers were just standing around.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I stayed home yesterday, just got back from Coborns after getting some chicken thighs for 69 cents..  that is my black friday story!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well Reeds didn't have what I was looking for so that was a bust. I had been hearing they had a full line and full shelves of ammo there for the past month, but that's all gone too. The signs say "limit four boxes of any calibur" and the ammo hoarders were there in force. Shelves were almost bare by the time we left some of these guys were acting like complete azzholes and embarassing themselves. Oh well enough of that. I did manage to find a case of beer in Akeley on the way back to Emmaville and that's my Black Friday purchase.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm