Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Will you take the shot?  (Read 7186 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
So, with the vaccine almost ready for the covid-19 virus..... would you take the shot?

Some folks are leery, are you?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
the tests seem to be very hit and miss..  false positive, take 2 tests with opposite results..  so what is the vaccine going to do..  so not sure at this date.. 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Yea a little. At this point no I will not. Little to hasty, since it's usually 5 years before vacines are approved.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline joker75

• Minnow
I'm torn. I'm an RN who works in senior living, who knows if it'll be mandatory for us. A trusted colleague who has been very closely following says its safe, he'd take it and the compounds in it are all known to be safe. I fully trust his judgment on it. Though like others, a little skeptical about how it was rushed.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure I will take it.  There will be a lot of them dispensed before it gets to me.  That should give me some intel.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I was thinking the same thing lps. Here's what I was wondering,  from the cdc.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Where does the line form.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure I will take it.  There will be a lot of them dispensed before it gets to me.  That should give me some intel.

I do understand your thoughts LPS and I can run with the that...  only time will tell us..

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
nope how about yu HD?? WHAT ID LIKEBTO know is once yuve got covid, are yu immune or can yu get it again? and if yu get it again is it less of a effect on you. i know a kid that had it and only had a head ach. my coiusin had it not bad,  was fine after 3 days. anothwr freind it kick his butt. dedferent for everyone. my best freind, hia father inlaw got it, bad alcoholic and 1 lung and survived.  who knows. 97 plus survival rate, to soon for me to jump on that wagon
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I will, that's what my brother did for a good share of his career at Fort Dodge Animal Health is blend vaccines for companion animals & he believes it will be good to go. Besides with it being used for a while in Europe before we get it they'll have a very good idea of the efficacy & safety.
« Last Edit: December 12/03/20, 01:48:20 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
From what I've been told, yes, you can get it again. There are several different strains of the coronavirus, and the corona-19 has mutated enough that it will be hard to pin it down with just one vaccine. Just like the flu, they have to keep readjusting the cocktail to try and match what they believe the current flu will be.
Will I get the shot? My best answer is "maybe".... I'm on the fence.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope. I don't get the flu shot and I will not get this one either. They can keep their micro GPS tracking chip.  :nerd:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope. I don't get the flu shot and I will not get this one either. They can keep their micro GPS tracking chip.  :nerd:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: goodd ones JB and boar!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope,don't trust it if the gov't is pushing it,canada is pushing the vacine as well,if folks refuse the gov't intends to black list non-believers and are pushing to isolate these folks from the general population.scary deal for all.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep.

Despite the 9X.XXX non-fatal / recovery rate...  I don't want to get covid.  If you catch it and recover with little or no ill effects and don't pass it to anyone else, God bless you.

My young, fit, healthy, active, adult daughter was a long-hauler who had scary symptoms that lasted for many weeks and has anxiety regarding what long term damage may have been done.

My age and health condition don't put me in any particular risk group, but many of my family and friends are.  The last thing I want is to unknowingly contract the virus and pass it to them - or anyone else for that matter.

If Bill Gates can figure out how to get a gub'mint-sponsored GPS tracking chip thru the diameter of the syringe needle... he wins.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I do understand what yer sayin Steve-o.........

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
He is saying that he is willing to get Bill Gates micro chip to protect his friends and family.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
He is saying that he is willing to get Bill Gates micro chip to protect his friends and family.
EXACTLY!!!    ;)
:popcorn:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
gates,soro...they're goal is to lighten the load of seniors,massive die off from what I've read,relief on ss $ and healthcare doing so.first sign of a vacine was for folks under 65yrs old...hell as a younster we all had polio and small pox vacines no political BS like we see today.To each they're own,but agree with glenn this rush vacine raises a red flag in my eyes.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
nano technology is nuthing new. ive read some of the same stuff as snow and they put together a convincing argument!!
78.50"

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yup, a little leery here too. Let's see what it does to the Brits first. If they all the sudden develop good teeth, discover how to make decent tasting food and it makes their women amorous, I'm down with it!  :happy1:
« Last Edit: December 12/03/20, 01:23:37 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
After seeing what the girlfriend has gone through the last 2 weeks and still not out of the woods yet after contracting Covid-19, I’ll be first in line when I can get the shot.
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm torn. I'm an RN who works in senior living, who knows if it'll be mandatory for us. A trusted colleague who has been very closely following says its safe, he'd take it and the compounds in it are all known to be safe. I fully trust his judgment on it. Though like others, a little skeptical about how it was rushed.
this has me thinking a little bit about it,but still not sure.............. that and this Osterholm was on the news a little bit last night....ya knw Dotchs inner group along with da Gov!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: December 12/03/20, 01:50:44 PM by glenn57 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
After seeing what the girlfriend has gone through the last 2 weeks and still not out of the woods yet after contracting Covid-19, I’ll be first in line when I can get the shot.
man sorry to hear that coffee!!!!!!!! :confused: :doah: hope she kicks it soon!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
My brother was spot on from the beginning when he said they would be lucky to have it ready by 2021 & he has a much better idea of the process than most. So no 2nd thoughts here, I'll be in line close behind Coffee, DE, LPS, & Steve-o. 
« Last Edit: December 12/03/20, 02:20:41 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, a little leery here too. Let's see what it does to the Brits first. If they all the sudden develop good teeth, discover how to make decent tasting food and it makes their women amorous, I'm down with it!  :happy1:

Well then...
I'm more interested in what it does to the French, who have good teeth, fantastic cuisine, and the women are already - shall we say... ooh la la. :sleazy:
« Last Edit: December 12/03/20, 02:27:56 PM by Steve-o »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

Well then...
I'm more interested in what it does to the French, who have good teeth, fantastic cuisine, and the women are already - shall we say... ooh la la. :sleazy:

You like hairy arm pits?  :puke:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman