Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: NFL news  (Read 18582 times)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Does Zim have a kid that can be DC?
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:scratch: :scratch: ya know i dont even know if he has kids, BUT he's got a pretty hot GF.  right LPS!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, Adam Zimmer & he's a LB'er's coach on the team
« Last Edit: January 01/22/21, 09:30:04 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so nepatizm is alive and well on the vikes coaching staff!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: zims kid and kubiaks kid!!!!!!!!! :confused:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It's not just the Vikings it's everywhere in NFL. Joined his dad in Cincinnati when he was the DC.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
After Shurmur left didn't we get Marty Shotinhiemer(spelling)? Then Stefanski after he left as interim. Then the next year they made Stafanski OC and Kubiak came in as an advisor. I think it was something along that line.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Got me thinkin JB so I had to check it out. It was Norv Turner in 2016, then Shurmur, & then De Fillipo none of whom finished the season. Stefanski was the QB coach for Case Keenum & was named interim when De Filippo left. He got the job full time the next season & I think that's when Kubiak came on board.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Stefanski had been here for about 13 years I read.  I believe he was here through the Chilly regime.  All of the players liked him and he coached in a few areas so was a pretty good all around coach.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: He got his start with the Vikings as an assistant with Chilly in 2006, you are right. He didn't graduate college until 2004
« Last Edit: January 01/22/21, 12:44:45 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Norv Turner is who I was trying to think of.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I was missing 1 too JB, I forgot about De Fillipo. :doofus:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
The Detroit Lions are trading franchise quarterback Matthew Stafford to Los Angeles in exchange for Jared Goff and significant NFL Draft compensation.

:reporter; ..... :coffee:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/look-matthew-staffords-wife-reacts-to-blockbuster-trade/ar-BB1dgnUi?li=BBnbfcL&pfr=1
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Stafford deserves a change of pace.  He is a good guy but stuck on a bad team for years.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Stafford deserves a change of pace.  He is a good guy but stuck on a bad team for years.

:popcorn: I would agree wit dat!
« Last Edit: January 01/31/21, 06:56:21 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We needed your help in the Booties thread Lee. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just seen where Marty Schotenheimer passed away. read a while back he wasnt doing to good and went into hospice care.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so i've been following the after the super bowl news.

1). kinda crazy watching a boozed up Brady throwing the trophy from 1 boat to another........ and now some relative of the guy that designed it demanding an apology.  :doofus: :rotflmao:

2)..reading matthue not getting fined for his little verbal altercation with Brady. for the most part i think it was over with after the game.

3)...... but..winfield jr getting fined for taunting hill?????? WTF........he was penalized now fined. shouldnt from here on forward hill get fined for taunting everytime he does it....... he's been noted to do this all the time.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard Brady tweeted an apology to Mathieu right after the game from the locker room. :scratch:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Heard that too.

Still kinda wonder how Brady felt the next morning  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
3)...... but..winfield jr getting fined for taunting hill?????? WTF........he was penalized now fined. shouldnt from here on forward hill get fined for taunting everytime he does it....... he's been noted to do this all the time.

I don't know if it makes any difference from the League fine perspective, but he was pretty unapologetic about the whole thing.  Maybe he if he would have said he lost his cool in the moment...  But instead he doubled down and said he enjoyed it; that it felt good.

I guess a $7,815 fine to an NFL player is like a $15 parking ticket to a regular Joe.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  Why should Winfield be apologetic??? Hill did it to him in the previous game. Paybacks a beech as I see it.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
  Why should Winfield be apologetic??? Hill did it to him in the previous game. Paybacks a beech as I see it.

I wasn't saying he needed to be, just commenting on the fact that the going rate for payback (first offense) is $7,815.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Seems that most NFL players are very slow to understand that the 2nd guy ALWAYS is the 1 that gets caught too.  :pouty:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Darn near every time.  Eyes aren't on them until the second guy retaliates. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

I wasn't saying he needed to be, just commenting on the fact that the going rate for payback (first offense) is $7,815.
:scratch:  I have to agree Steve-o, that's almost pocket change for a guy like that! :doah: Especially when the league minimum is $610,000. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: February 02/15/21, 08:53:09 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So I have nothing against Mayfield but I  just read a headline about the tumultous Mayfield Browns relationship.  I think when you give these new guys so much popularity with all of those commercials you are asking for trouble.  They were good commercials too.  Loyalties get compromised when the money flows in from two different directions maybe.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
It would be funny if Mayfield got to have a "Browns Stadium Moving Sale" commercial.  :bonk:

And too bad the Vikes already have one overpaid .500 career quarterback on the roster.

I saw this comparison of Mayfield and Winston for Jamis' first 4 years.  No one was clamoring to get Winston when Tampa Bay let him go; I doubt anyone will be willing to break the bank for Mayfield until he can demonstrate greater success on a different team.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
As far as integrity Winston rates just as low as Watson.  Can't stand either one of them.  Shouldn't be stinking up the NFL with their sorts.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
It is interesting that guys who seemingly have it all - like Deshaun Watson and Patriots owner Robert Kraft - would risk it all for the sake of getting a tug-job in an massage parlor.
 :crazy:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Also interesting when the anti Patriots crowd move from Spygate to Inflategate to Kraft trying to get something to stick.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093