Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Stolen shack  (Read 3469 times)

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Came out to warm the fish house up and bring my kids out, only to find it stolen off the lake on Crystal Lake in Burnsville. Please share this. Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 02/16/21, 09:15:39 PM by GrandpaTom »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Sad that people have to be such aholes!!!! Hope they find it.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
what the :angry2:
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Unreal!!!  I hope they get caught and their name is plastered on the news!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Metro lakes suck, mine got busted into several times. I'll keep an eye out but I'm sure it's hiding somewhere.   Friggin scumbags!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hang em high!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
looks like a fishhouse that might be easy to spot........i hope they catch these jackoffs. i never understood why people have to reck or steal someone elses belongings!!!! :angry2: :angry2: :confused: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Metro lakes suck, mine got busted into several times. I'll keep an eye out but I'm sure it's hiding somewhere.   Friggin scumbags!!
That is why I posted it on this site.  I know lots of the gang goes out ice fishing and might see it.  Although, I'm thinking they took it to sell and not use. 

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like a fishhouse that might be easy to spot........i hope they catch these jackoffs. i never understood why people have to reck or steal someone elses belongings!!!!
About 25?years ago there were some spoiled rotten delinquents caught on Bald Eagle. They had pickups trucks with a log chain hooked to their trailer hitches. They’d get a good run at the smaller houses and catch them on the chain between the trucks. Lucky nobody was hurt and they were caught.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I remember that. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Sad deal GT,hard lesson,gotta pull those nice wheel houses off the lake every night,GD vultures will be on em everytime iffin ya don't

we had issues with our skid houses on white bear lake one year,,dang kids would roll up on sleds break in if we locked the doors,sometimes set houses on fire,our group of fishermen caught these clowns by putting a person/guard in a house setting a trap,sure enough it worked,did the same thing on centerville lake caught the bastages there too few years ago.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
That Suks!   :mad1:

Do you think it would help putting a hitch and those yellow wheel locks on? Other then they may freeze up?
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I was wondering about a lock on the hitch too, Leech~~! We rarely hook up to any trailer we have without 1. We may not always lock it, depending on how far we are going, but if we want to it's there. It's just another safety precaution if something were to go wrong, if nothing else.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a lot of the fish house's now days have quick detach couplers too..

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Are you referring to removing the tongue Mike? That would be a start leaving it on the lake..

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yes thanks Bobber!!

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
sad thing is it almost dont matter what yu do. this is wat insurence is for. leave without a way to be stolen  ther gonna wreck it or burn it.  leave so it can be stolen they steal it or wreck it. one way it to add home security cams would help. that send infor straigjt to computer or phone
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
If I ever bought a shack or trailer like that I think I would invest in a GPS tracker I could hid somewhere on the roof of the thing. Would just be nice to have LEO drive up and pop them right in their yard.

Best of luck in some sort of recovery. Let us know if they ever find it.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Agree on the coupler  or a  vehicle type  boot cops use on folks who have parking tickets as "wheel lock don't work,doesn't even slow em down,last summer we lost $30k in brand new truck wheels/tires one weekend all had stainless wheel locks,next the thieves started hacking  off catalytic converters,cops told us big money at the re-cycle shops.

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Agree on the coupler  or a  vehicle type  boot cops use on folks who have parking tickets as "wheel lock don't work,doesn't even slow em down,last summer we lost $30k in brand new truck wheels/tires one weekend all had stainless wheel locks,next the thieves started hacking  off catalytic converters,cops told us big money at the re-cycle shops.
We have reports of lots of catalytic convertors being stolen in our area, so recently, I have been putting my vehicle in the garage a lot earlier in the evening.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hope someone sees your house & turns them in GT. :police: Know of one instance where they were stockpiling the stolen houses at a remote site and weren't located for over a year, after the person's insurance co. had paid for a replacement. Made for a messy situation.

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
GT 99% of the converters stolen are from van's cars/these new pickup trucks sit to low to work underneath them.Another city issue I've seen first hand is transport trucks dropping new cars on the dealer lot,usually the transport drivers leave the vehicles running in this cold before dealer personel move them to the lot,well some get driven away never to be seen again,balsey eh?

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Regarding converter theft update...

this from today's news~

Charges: Man In Clown Mask Stole Catalytic Converters From Dealership With Cordless Saw

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A man in a clown mask was caught stealing catalytic converters from a car dealership in Blaine Monday night, according to a criminal complaint.

just cant make this shete up...
« Last Edit: February 02/25/21, 09:38:42 AM by snow1 »

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
There are a bunch of guys buying converters on C/list and "Facebook market place. The Gov needs to investage and shut them down. Take away the cash flow and it will stop.  :bonk:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
There are a bunch of guys buying converters on C/list and "Facebook market place. The Gov needs to investage and shut them down. Take away the cash flow and it will stop.  :bonk:

Makes to much sense leech,cops tell me these folks pay around $300 per converter,repair/replace cost when cut out $1700 at my shop.years ago it was truck tailgates and air bags theft. wheels and tires will have a after hour run once it warms up.