Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Introducing Shadow!  (Read 85541 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ditto, Ditto, and Ditto!  Great pups though!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Ditto, Ditto, and Ditto!  Great pups though!
yep!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
back from the vet with the little terrorist!!!!!! :rotflmao: he got another round of deworming.......and another one on the 29th i can do at home. vet said everything looks good. he weighed in at 24 lbs which she said was right on schedule. he laso got a dtp shot??? i think thats what it is. :scratch: :scratch: got another appt in a month.

as far as the city........the vet said he is to young for the rabies shot and thats all the city is concerned with. only thing they suggested was with the dog food. they didnt seem to care i was feeding the diamond puppy food, they suggested that i feed him the diamond puppy large breed. its apparently going to be better for him long term with his bones etc, so i'll get some tomorrow. the country store in town here has it......FF can pack sand!!!!! :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Well you may call him shadow here but we all know its "NO" at home can't fool us glenn.My 8 year old retiever 's nick name is still "NO" little soft in my old age but he wears his shock collar just incase he forgets who the boss is and when he gets selective hearing and memory. ;)
« Last Edit: January 01/19/21, 12:17:35 PM by snow1 »

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
back from the vet with the little terrorist!!!!!! :rotflmao: he got another round of deworming.......and another one on the 29th i can do at home. vet said everything looks good. he weighed in at 24 lbs which she said was right on schedule. he laso got a dtp shot??? i think thats what it is. :scratch: :scratch: got another appt in a month.

as far as the city........the vet said he is to young for the rabies shot and thats all the city is concerned with. only thing they suggested was with the dog food. they didnt seem to care i was feeding the diamond puppy food, they suggested that i feed him the diamond puppy large breed. its apparently going to be better for him long term with his bones etc, so i'll get some tomorrow. the country store in town here has it......FF can pack sand!!!!! :happy1:

When vets suggest adult food for pups usually a concern he might be growning to fast,further ease him in to the new food,mix it 50/50 first couple days a,let his system adjust,dry food only,best for teeth and gums plus he won't get the shetes,get him plenty of chew,raw hide chews as he'll be teething for a few months,keep away from pigs ears during summer months because they will grow samonila.just a few thoughts after 50 years of rasing/training retievers,oh you'll need to learn how to trim his nails  soon.so might as well pickup a trimmer,right now a regular nail clipper will work if they start growing and become white tipped,just be mind full of the nerve.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  Snow the vet said he is right about where he should be weight wise. She did say it was ok to mix the food with the plain puppy food. There reasoning for the large breed puppy food was a long term goal that if would serve him better as he gets older. It was alot if information to absorb but I believe in it was mostly for better bone development.

We already have a hounddog nail clipper with the last 4 dogs we had and they did clip his nails when I was there. And he had more than enough chew toys. But it's like a little kid, buy it a $200.00 toy , they'd rather play with the box it came in. :rotflmao: same with the little terrorist, he'd rather chew on my fingers, shoes, coat and do on  :confused: :crazy: :rotflmao:

Oh and as far as the NO....  :rotflmao: ya hit that on on the heady. :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: January 01/19/21, 01:17:38 PM by glenn57 »

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn he sure is a cutie,lol bet he carries stuff around like shoes,tv remote etc eh?are you crate training him? curious

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn he sure is a cutie,lol bet he carries stuff around like shoes,tv remote etc eh?are you crate training him? curious
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: oh yea.. :confused: not the remote. dats a no no. yes he goes in a kennel at night. he hasnt had any accidents in a week. i'm tempted to leave him out at night but just dont quite trust him yet. maybe i'll try when he's to big for this kennel. i do have one bigger.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: my little terrorist after my wife's ice cream. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
lol,photo bomb...

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Who is getting the evil eye the worst, Shadow or the ice cream?  ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Who is getting the evil eye the worst, Shadow or the ice cream?  ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: not sure but shadow got the wife's eyeroll!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Bet she's had A LOT of practice with that 1. ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Bet she's had A LOT of practice with that 1. ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
i plead the 5th!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :laughroll: :laughroll: my dorky dog attacking his food dish after he was done eating.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's a lab for ya!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: How long did it take you to teach him that? :crazy: :doofus:                      ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: January 01/21/21, 07:05:19 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: How long did it take you to teach him that? :crazy: :doofus:                      ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
oh he learned that all by himself. This is just the first time I had my phone close. :surrender: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The dogs learning  :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
i bet shadowboar knowes wen kick off is..
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
He sure looks happy!  :happy1:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: How come THAT hat looks good on him? ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: January 01/23/21, 10:45:50 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: How come THAT hat looks good on him? ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:tut: :tut: :tut: looks more gooder on me though!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :sleazy:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is just sick isn't it???   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That is just sick isn't it???   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: i'd say........lost my appetite!!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Took shadow out with me when I shoveled this morning. What a 3 ring circus.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: barking at the shovel, grabbing the shovel, bouncing on it. :rotflmao: do I throw a shovel full of snow at him and he comes back for more. But it sure tuckers him out  :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:

He is also becoming quite a lap dog. :pouty:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 Just a snapshot of my wife's dippy dog going absolutely goofy. :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
wife's??  let me think here.. oh yea you wanted the pup and talked her into it!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :sleazy:Yea it's the wife's when he's naughty vor goes apesh!t goofy  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

2 nites in a row now he's running around like he's on a full bore adrenaline. :rotflmao: