Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Introducing Shadow!  (Read 85532 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Humans get a vaccine and it lasts for life.  The ones dogs get should also last that long.  It is a money pit the Vets have going for them now.  Get the book:  How to afford Vet care without mortgaging the kids.  Every dog owner will appreciate the book.  Dr. Busby in Bemidji wrote it years ago.  Some of it is funny.  How to tell if your dog needs to see a Vet type of stuff. 

Glenn our pups or at least Cooper has already had the initial shot and the booster for Distemper and have had the 5 way Coronovirus, Parvo, Parainfluenza, Adenovirus.  She gave me a folder with the info.  We still worm him once a month with the stuff she used.  Pyrantel.  I am getting a rabies shot and a lymes shot for Cooper next Wed. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Humans get a vaccine and it lasts for life.  The ones dogs get should also last that long.  It is a money pit the Vets have going for them now.  Get the book:  How to afford Vet care without mortgaging the kids.  Every dog owner will appreciate the book.  Dr. Busby in Bemidji wrote it years ago.  Some of it is funny.  How to tell if your dog needs to see a Vet type of stuff. 

Glenn our pups or at least Cooper has already had the initial shot and the booster for Distemper and have had the 5 way Coronovirus, Parvo, Parainfluenza, Adenovirus.  She gave me a folder with the info.  We still worm him once a month with the stuff she used.  Pyrantel.  I am getting a rabies shot and a lymes shot for Cooper next Wed.
i'm gonna have to hunt that book down!!!!!!! :happy1: the vet never mentioned anything about that 5 way shot????? :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Went down and bought him chew things. And now he took over the couch. :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 He sleeps like a ....

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

i'm gonna have to hunt that book down!!!!!!! :happy1: the vet never mentioned anything about that 5 way shot????? :scratch:

I'm thinking that is what the dttp or whatever you called it is.  SO you are covered it sounds like and that book is great?  Other Vets don't like him because of what he says in it.  We look things up in it all of the time.  He gives a lot of advice on how to treat your dog without going to the Vet when possible. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
He's the one that says why do dogs get vaccinated every year when humans don't. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
He's the one that says why do dogs get vaccinated every year when humans don't.
I googled it but gotta order it on line. There's a barnes and noble book store in st cloud, I am going to check there. They've ordered a book for me before.

:tut: :tut: and NO GUNNER it wasn't a comic book  :confused: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: Paperback maybe? Not much difference!!   :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:                              ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: Paperback maybe? Not much difference!!   :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:                              ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:pouty: :pouty: :banghead: :banghead:hard cover, paperback. :confused: :tut: a book is a book. :doah: :rotflmao: you been reading to many boar posts  :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mine is paperback.  I stop and buy my Bravecta from him in Bemidji when we are passing through.  I got my books straight from him.  Friends and relatives asked me to get them for them. He is pretty much retired and spends winters in Texas now.  I had our last lab neutered there.  Dropped him off and went shopping.  He had told me we could pick him up in 2 or 3 hours.  That is why we went there plus he was half the price of everyone we checked in the area.  The other Vets wanted to keep the dog overnight.  Like he says.  Noone is in those Vet Clinics at night so your dog is much better off with you at home.  You will notice if something is wrong and can bring him back.  They just want to charge you more money for boarding overnight.  Makes sense to me. 
« Last Edit: February 02/17/21, 07:33:31 PM by LPS »

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm amazed how fast your pup is growing,sure is a cute little guy... :happy1: Gotta agree with LPS on our vet visits ,hard pressed to go in and come out w/o a $100  bill or more,heck my clinic charges $45 just for walking in,then its +++
« Last Edit: February 02/18/21, 07:23:44 AM by snow1 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It was time for your nightly tug of war. :rolleyes:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Someone had a busy bee morning. Napping on my lap  :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
My how he is growing,soon he'll tip the scale at 50lbs...does he ride shotgun in your vehicle?

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: sometimes. More like he needs to help drive.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
been spending some time outside with him, think he's finally starting to come around.  :happy1: it's babysteps and i dont overdo it but he is getting better with obedience and there is still some come and get me with the training dummy but he is bringing it back to me now.

right now the obedience thing is simply walking with him with a leash so he stays to my side, when i stop he sits. we are also working on him to sit and stay, i walk a little ways away have him come to me then sit. he is doing well.  :happy1:

i'm not looking for a grand champion..just a well behaved hunting dog...........looking good so far!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well as long as he doesn't take after his owner (you) he should be fine!!!  Dotch wanted this mentioned!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well as long as he doesn't take after his owner (you) he should be fine!!!  Dotch wanted this mentioned!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
:scratch: :doah: :tut: :tut: yea dotch......right!!!!!!!! :confused: :pouty: :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: he just took over my chair.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and who let him do that???   :scratch:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: So, maybe it was really the chair he liked all along :rolleyes:  :doah: & not necessarily what was in the chair!!  :evil:                                              ;) :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: February 02/28/21, 08:42:27 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: So, maybe it was really the chair he liked all along :rolleyes:  :doah: & not necessarily what was in the chair!!  :evil:                                              ;) :laugh: :laugh:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :confused: shadow and i are best of buds!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: he knows who feeds him and spends time with him!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :oops1: :sorry: Couldn't :help: myself, besides mikey dared me!! :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
that damn Mikey, sure is stirring da pot this morning......i might need to go up there and straighted him out!!!! :surrender: training-087 training-087 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
don't fer get to bring goodies then!!! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: currently snowed in!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: currently snowed in!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
dats right the truck doesn't have 4 wheel drive!!   :rotflmao: :happy1: