Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Introducing Shadow!  (Read 85561 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :tut: :tut: yes it does. Won't own a truck without it
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup snowed in...  but I did watch the news at 7 this morning and they were showing the St. Cloud and down 94 how bad it was!!!  nasty for sure!!  I don't think the forecasters hit it right for where it was going to dump...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Now he's taking over the couch. :rotflmao: he sure likes laying up on those bear pillows.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Man, I laughed my azz off tonight. I hit the shower, and could hear shadow whining and scratching at the door.... And I could hear my wife saying really shadow, he's in the friggin shower.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
He sure is a cute little feller,has long legs to grow in to,I see he likes his kong too for treato's

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
He sure is a cute little feller,has long legs to grow in to,I see he likes his kong too for treato's
oh yea he chews on that a fair amount. thats the second one.....bought him a red on at first.....but we aint seen hide nor hair of that one for a while now. :doah: :scratch: :scratch:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Jim gave his dog one of those filled with peanut butter about 3 weeks ago..  still hasn't found it!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
we have put just regular dog biscuits in it at times.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Pretty cool Glenn.  Long body too. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Damn he  pizzed me off today. Both he and the sheltie decided to wander 2 houses down. AND he,s been pulling out hen an chicks in my chipped granite boarder around the house. :angry2: :angry2: :confused:

We are all good now  :pouty:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  I was on the river an hour ago getting more of my blocking that is frozen in.  Get a few every day.  Fun to do it.  Well Cooper finally started following Buddy and I when on the sled going down to the river.  As I was chopping ice I look up and don't see dogs.  First I scan the yards in Canada and glad they aren't there.  I call them and look around and here comes Cooper running as fast as he can from our shore.  Buddy took longer.  I was so happy to see him coming first and really loved him up too.  Then Buddy shows up and I smell skunk, the dreaded thing!   I smelled them both but there were ok.  I think they were messing with one but got lucky.  WHEWW!   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :shocked: holy crap, I'd say. That's obe thing that always concerns me in the woods or at the cabin.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
you be lucky LPS!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
About 20 years ago we arrived at our cabin with a full cargo of groceries, cats, dogs, and other supplies. It was about 10:00 at night,dark, and I let my dog, Cooper, out of his crate and proceeded to bring the cooler, groceries, and other stuff in the house. Cooper dashed off toward the woods and began to bark. The first trip or two from the car to the house I called him and he ignored me.  All of a sudden I noticed the smell and thought “oh crap”.  He ran to the edge of the lake where there were cattails and rubbed his face in the cattails and water. He turned around and headed right back to the woods and got sprayed again. He hit the cattails again and headed right back for another confrontation with Mr Skunk.  I finally got him into his crate and he spent the night in it out in the yard. The next morning, I opened the front door and was greeted by a thump-thump-thump of his tail against the side of the crate. He had three baths with peroxide and Dawn dish soap that day, and there was still leftover aroma. Through it all, he was just a happy dog. It was funny as hell to see him run back and forth between the lake and his new found friend, the skunk.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
ah yes spring = critters coming out from a long cold winter,nothin worse than the yellow juice on the face of our inquizitive K9's,best neutralizer I came across over the years my vet carries it"skunk off" this after shampoo didn't work,tomato juice ,vinegar etc all the home remedies I could think of,skunk off works on contact,comes in a concentrate like shampoo and also a spray bottle incase handler get his/her clothes infected by a sharing pup,I carry the spray in my pup's travel bag on hunting trips for him and me along with his emergency gear like cat gut incase he needs a quick stich job from barb wire.
« Last Edit: March 03/08/21, 09:07:10 AM by snow1 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
For as often shadow has had something in his mouth and chewing on it he sure doesn't tear things apart  :happy1: gotta say I'm impressed.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: kinda hard to get anything done when you gotta deal with this. :pouty:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
As if you needed an excuse... :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
As if you needed an excuse... :scratch:
:rotflmao: not really, but I do wanna finish getting most my stuff loaded in the truck  :pouty: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well it's all your fault!!  cool!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut:  :cry: :cry: :cry: :violin: :violin: :violin:                                                               :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well it's all your fault!!  cool!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
now you sound like my wife!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Musta had a tough morning already. :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
lol,big ole lumox,has it made,bet he's pushing 50lbs already,sure is a handsome fella.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
laughed my  butt off at him earlier. took him out with me, i did the stabil, summerize thing to my auger and snowblower. minute i started that auger he took off like a scaleded ape with his tail between legs, high tailing it to the door!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

suppose there are a lot of new sounds he needs to get familiar with.  :scratch: :scratch:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh yeah I can see it now, Glenn and pooch in the motorized recliner heading down trails looking fer grouse.  :fudd:  :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh yeah I can see it now, Glenn and pooch in the motorized recliner heading down trails looking fer grouse.  :fudd:  :happy1:

naw the motor would scare the pup!!!!       :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: naw, he and I will be spending alot of time up north, so he will be getting use to alot of things this summer. :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Gotta cap gun?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope. 22 is the smallest I got.