Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Introducing Shadow!  (Read 85607 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
22 will work, as long as you can shoot in town. Feed him on the deck and shoot while he's eating.  It shouldn't bother him. But a cap gun is like 4 bucks at any Walgreens or whatever.
« Last Edit: March 03/17/21, 04:00:34 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :tut: can't shoot in town. Any with the neighbors I got.  :crazy: :crazy: cap gun should work. I'll need to check that out.

Thanks for the idea boober!!👍👍
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
22 will work, as long as you can shoot in town. Feed him on the deck and shoot while he's eating.  It shouldn't bother him. But a cap gun is like 4 bucks at any Walgreens or whatever.

I could mail you something... :evil:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep!! You'll figure it as you go, playing fetch etc. Get em ready to let er buck at the cabin.. :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

I could mail you something... :evil:
Yea wouldn't be the first time. :confused: :pouty: :rotflmao:

Yea boober, already been working obedience and training dummy with him. Hell he goes and gets my paper every morning and brings it to me. Doing really good with the training dummy, obedience, well that's a work in progress.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That is cool with the paper.  I seen that on a house we were working on, the guy opened the door and a yellow lab runs out grabs it and brings it back before she does her thing,  cool stuff!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So Glenn.  Your dogs brother swallowed a sock today.  One of those ankle high ones of the wife.  He walked in the office with it and I called him.  He usually comes and hands me things.  Well he looked at me and swallowed it.  How can you swallow and dry sock?  Well I hope he poops it out.  He swallowed 3 of those hair Scrunchies once and we found one of them in his poop in the yard.  Maybe I should feed him some bread with a lot of olive oil on it for lube?

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
enema maybe!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  just kidding!!!   :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So Glenn.  Your dogs brother swallowed a sock today.  One of those ankle high ones of the wife.  He walked in the office with it and I called him.  He usually comes and hands me things.  Well he looked at me and swallowed it.  How can you swallow and dry sock?  Well I hope he poops it out.  He swallowed 3 of those hair Scrunchies once and we found one of them in his poop in the yard.  Maybe I should feed him some bread with a lot of olive oil on it for lube?
oh boy............. my dogs brother......... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: tells me your not impressed at the moment!!!!! :rotflmao:

might have to!!!!!!!! :doah: :scratch: :scratch: havent seen shadow swallow anything that out of the ordinary yet. the usual, sticks.  sure hope that dont plug him up. my chocolate lab had to go get roto routered once. we used to give  the dogs bones, he had to many and plugged him up. lucky enough the rote router job did it or they would of had to cut him open. that chocolate lab had a touchy tummy, every other dog we've had had cast iron stomachs!!!!!1 no more bones for dogs no more!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 03/18/21, 09:33:01 AM by glenn57 »

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
good for young pup's is banging some pots wilst he eats his supper,Just bang some pots/pans near him for starters,hard to break a gun shy pup,a 2 dollar cap gun is important
« Last Edit: March 03/18/21, 10:47:10 AM by snow1 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
good for young pup's is banging some pots wilst he eats his supper,hust bang some pots/pans near him for starters,hard to breal a gun shy pup,a 2 dollar cap gun is important
been down that road. and it was my own damn fault! :banghead: :banghead: training-087 when my chocolate lab was a wee little pup i had him along bear baiting and i was going to site in my 30-06. pup was in the back of my truck, used the truck tailgate for a bench for the sledbed. after a couple shots it hit me, the perucssion in the back of the truck must of been horrible.  :angry2: :angry2:

took alot of work but i got him out of it. got to the point she'd see me grab a gun she went crazy!!!! :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
my last few gun dogs,pot's pan's,pellet gun,22 crack is to much at first,then they would tag along to the gun range ,I would park my truck way away from the guyz shooting first few times to the range,the shots are muffeled sitting inside the truck for them,later in training way away from the trap range,toss his retrieving dummy,his focus was on the dummy not shots fired,as a young pup tagging along wilst field hunting,hept the boy in the truck but near the action/shots fired,never had a issue breaking them in slow.fols with young pups would go right up to the firing line scaring the shete out of the youngster,pup would be terrified,shaking,tail between the legs,sooo very wrong.

My duce on his first hunt kindof as he sat in the truck until we were done,today my hearing is shot so he lets me know when the geese are coming,eye contact.grown up later in life

« Last Edit: March 03/18/21, 12:21:13 PM by snow1 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Momma went to st cloud, checked the Walgreens in wait park, no cap gun. :confused: she seems to think they are a thing of the past??? :scratch:

I wonder if those might not be like a summer time toy? :scratch:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Someone should still be selling them. I google this area and Walmart popped up. Wonder if FF has them out that way..

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll check out target when I head into st cloud next week. I got my super soaker at a target for bear hunting. That sucker worked great for spraying grease way up on the trees. :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have never had an issue with gun sounds with a pup but don't just shoot where it will hurt their ears just like it would hurt ours.  You can also get those loads from the hardware store that are .22 loads with no bb's for shooting nails into concrete.  I have a pistol that I can shoot them in and it shoots dummies for training.  Different colors are different power levels. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
shadow was acting a bit doofy this morning and inherited a new nickname from my wife, well along with others. wife called him a dork!!!!!!!! :shocked: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
That's the golden coming out,they have goofy spells....some say they take after they're owner..... :confused:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
shadow was acting a bit doofy this morning and inherited a new nickname from my wife, well along with others. wife called him a dork!!!!!!!! :shocked: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

That has been used here too.  Recently.  He has this barking thing when I go into a store.  He quits once I am in.  LOL  I think.  He is quiet when I come out.  I will have to charge up that bark collar again.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i went into st cloud today, shadow stayed home. as i left i could hear him scratching at the door. when i got home my wife said he sat at the door and whined for a while.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

my dog loves me!!!!!! :nerd: :nerd: she also said he laid down by the door for a good hour.

anyway..i searched 3 stores for a cap gun..........  :crazy: :doofus: menards, target and FF........nuttin. dont know if thats something that will get put out closer the 4th of july, or this world is getting so pusified or politically correct kids cant play with them anymore.  :confused: :crazy: :crazy: :doah:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They have canning lids too but they want $.50 to almost $1 a piece for 'em, so those a probably in short supply. Not even L & M has any now but they probably wouldn't stock them until Aug-Sept either

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Well there ya go Glenn,  lids n cap guns  for 5 years and up..  :happy1:  ;)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
They have canning lids too but they want $.50 to almost $1 a piece for 'em, so those a probably in short supply. Not even L & M has any now but they probably wouldn't stock them until Aug-Sept either
Yea I checked that for the heck of it. Should of drove across st cloud and checked runnings?? :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Looked @ Runnings online & it said they had 'em. Tried to buy some & it said they're only available in the store but then EVERY store in MN said they were out of stock. :pouty: The St Cloud store isn't even on their list of stores in MN so   :crazy: :thumbs: :bonk: :banghead:

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman

anyway..i searched 3 stores for a cap gun..........  :crazy: :doofus: menards, target and FF........nuttin. dont know if thats something that will get put out closer the 4th of july, or this world is getting so pusified or politically correct kids cant play with them anymore.  :confused: :crazy: :crazy: :doah:
[/quote]
Did you try Walmart? They should have them.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Walmart?.......................................glenn?  :doah:                                         :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:
« Last Edit: March 03/23/21, 06:57:09 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
geez last time I bought a cheap little cap gun my local grocery store had them in the toy section,glenn were you looking in the firearm or toy section's? asking for a friend.

check this site out,for a couple extra bucks you can get a waist holster to practice "quick draws" like barny fife.lol

https://www.tintoyarcade.com/cap-guns-and-caps
« Last Edit: March 03/23/21, 07:39:48 AM by snow1 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe a blank gun would be easier to find.