Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Introducing Shadow!  (Read 87008 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :pouty: :pouty: :confused: your right after I work my butt off day in day out!! :mooning: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Well, that explains it! Ya knocked shadow out with that statement!  :rotflmao: :bonk:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Humans get a vaccine and it lasts for life.  The ones dogs get should also last that long.  It is a money pit the Vets have going for them now.  Get the book:  How to afford Vet care without mortgaging the kids.  Every dog owner will appreciate the book.  Dr. Busby in Bemidji wrote it years ago.  Some of it is funny.  How to tell if your dog needs to see a Vet type of stuff. 

Glenn our pups or at least Cooper has already had the initial shot and the booster for Distemper and have had the 5 way Coronovirus, Parvo, Parainfluenza, Adenovirus.  She gave me a folder with the info.  We still worm him once a month with the stuff she used.  Pyrantel.  I am getting a rabies shot and a lymes shot for Cooper next Wed.

Sorry Charlie.  Human vaccines don't last for life either....

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Double sorry Delmar. Measles and smallpox shots are a lifetime vaccine.

BOSTON (Reuters) - The smallpox vaccine protects for a lifetime, and so does 
 the vaccine of measles or mumps, according to the first long-term study of immunity to childhood diseases.
« Last Edit: October 10/03/21, 08:11:13 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Actually even the flu vaccines last a lifetime too.  Each year they are different to fit the new strains. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Actually even the flu vaccines last a lifetime too.  Each year they are different to fit the new strains.

I suspect these covid booster's will be the same,different varient every year....big money for pharm's and fauci.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: hey this ain't no COVID thread  :confused: :tut:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry glenn,thread was hijacked yesterday...It's hard to keep us old farts focused ya know.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
this is getting really frustrating with shadow. he is generally a good dog, but i cant keep him in the yard.  :confused: :confused: he dont go far but i turn around for a second he is off venturing.  :angry2: he is already in his kennel on a time out...........yesterday it was 3 times.  :doah: i put the shock collar on him and he either wants to go into the house  or lays on the deck. i live in town....just cant let this happen.

i HATE leashes.........it dont help when all the neighbors say hi shadow, morning shadow......oh he's just saying hi......... and pet him.:surrender: :doah: instead of kicking his ass and chasing him home. he's so friendly and would rather lick you to death then growl at someone.

up north he is pretty free to run and never goes far........i dont get it.

any ideas!!!!!!!! i've kicked him in the ass.......yelled at him..........

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
he's still just a little kid...  have fun!!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey now glenn,the right training collar used and a little training for both trainer and trainee...

Most often I see folks having growning issues as you discribed here,most often folks herd or read a "shock collar" is your huckle berry whether if it's for wandering off,digging,barking etc....true a training collar is an effective tool used right,purchasing a low cost collar can be an issue,a good collar these days will have both sound and vibration stimulation and is usually all that is needed in most cases as well as the zap in different levels of stimlulation,my guess glenn your collar only has the zap,which is fine as long as it doesn't over amp making your pup squeal when applied,but I'm only guessing.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I have the shock and buzz one. For the record I don't like using it either. But he sure sticks around when he has it on.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
he's learned then....  put it on him, ya don't have to turn it on..  we had one dog, she was goofy!!!  but the collar was dead and we still put it on her for years!!  all she knew was the beast was on her!!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Two choices since you live in town.  Either have him on a leash so he is in your constant control or get a perimeter underground fence installed.  They work great.  Have had them before.  My brother used to install them.  Actually 3 choices.  You could install a chain link fence.  Underground is cheaper.
« Last Edit: October 10/04/21, 07:43:21 PM by LPS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: :pouty: so this morning I left shadow at home, and didn't put him in his kennel when I went to deliver the horseradish.

When I got home I noticed some wrappers on the floor. Well. I had started to get stuff ready for up north. I go into the spare bedroom where I kinda congregate stuff. I had an opened pack and a full pack of crackers in a box.

Yep  :confused: :doah: you got it, he ate the whole thing. :confused: :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao: guess that'll learn me to shut the door. I haven't come across anything that dog won't eat. :pouty: :rotflmao:

I shoulda gave him a jalapeno pepper before I threw them out  :scratch:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
you wasted peppers!!!!    :tut: 😲

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea I had a 5 lb potato bag full I threw out. I mentioned in a post if someone wanted them to speak up  :confused:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Did he slice up the snausage and cheese too, on the crackers?  :scratch: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea I had a 5 lb potato bag full I threw out. I mentioned in a post if someone wanted them to speak up  :confused:

oh I read that post, still had to give ya some sass!!!   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It's all fun and games isn't it Glenn.  I put Cooper either in the inside or outside kennel if I am gone for awhile.  He is fine overnight though.  Although now he likes to grab our kitchen hand towels from our towel holder.  I put one of those big steel clip things on it and seems to work.  But he is so much fun and feels so good when he hands me things. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Did he slice up the snausage and cheese too, on the crackers?  :scratch: :rotflmao:
with him wouldn't surprise me. :confused: :pouty: :doofus:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It's all fun and games isn't it Glenn.  I put Cooper either in the inside or outside kennel if I am gone for awhile.  He is fine overnight though.  Although now he likes to grab our kitchen hand towels from our towel holder.  I put one of those big steel clip things on it and seems to work.  But he is so much fun and feels so good when he hands me things.
:happy1: :rotflmao: shadow usually hands me kindling wood!  :confused: usually 4 times a day. :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
This was shadow when I got home from deer hunting. And he wouldn't get out. :confused: :party1: :banghead: :rotflmao: he missed me

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is great Glenn.  He loves you!!!   Feels good doesn't it?

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I suppose he's still in the truck too!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  way cool!!   :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :rotflmao: yea but he can be a pain. the rest of the day i kept tripping or running into him everytime i turned around!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I suppose he's still in the truck too!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  way cool!!   :happy1:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: no i bribed him with a dog biscuit, as i was by the door..as soon as he got out i closed the door!!!!!! :happy1: but then as i was unloaded the back of the truck he was always back there!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :rotflmao: yea but he can be a pain. the rest of the day i kept tripping or running into him everytime i turned around!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:scratch: Like father, like son!!!  :doah:                                   ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Like father, like son!!!  :doah:                                   ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

the bribe too!!!  both the same!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: