Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Thorne bro  (Read 4385 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I just want to give this business a great big kudos.

Long story short, I received a $300.00 gift card to Thorne bros from my coworkers at the union hall when I retired. Looking for it, we turned the house upside down. Nowhere. :angry2: so this past Saturday I called them and asked what can be done. I gave him the amount, date they gave it to me and when they possibly purchased it.

He said he,d needed to send it upstairs to have them search for it. Would be a week or so. Not even 2 hours later he called back gave me an 8 digit number. Bring it in. So today wifey an I went down to use it, a new ultra light panfish st Croix rod,  2 new reels for nord poles, a new sweatshirt for momma and a few other things and done.

I know with what they did for me I'm a lifetime customer. I can see a new pullover clam in my future from there  :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
never been there but never heard any thing bad about them  good for you!!  now don't spend it twice!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
never been there but never heard any thing bad about them  good for you!!  now don't spend it twice!!
Yea that won't happen.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea that won't happen.

I knew that!!   :happy1:

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
They made a customer for life.  Congratulations
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I've been a customer for a while already. When I worked at the union hall it wasn't far down the road but now it's an hour 20 minute drive. I will be willing to take that drive more frequently now

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
where are they?? 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
where are they??
well i went to hwy 10 going south. exited off hwy 65, take a left and there maybe 2 miles down on  the right.

in Blaine, they are actually not very far from that huge sports complex you hear about.

i cant say enough good  about them...........they coulda told me tough crapolas!!!!! they always got me for some cash when i went to the ice show too!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
where are they??

North of Hwy 10 on Hwy 65 (Central Avenue) They are on the right. You will likely see the sign for the Fly Angler before the Thorne Brothers sign.

Great independent store that needs to be patronized to keep them around. 
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I used to stop in there when I lived in Stillwater.  Was worth the trip. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks all!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
cool beans glenn! i myself have never been ther?
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I was there a few times when We lived down there. I still order stuff from them online sometimes. Glad they took care of you Glenn.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :cool: Hard to beat that kind of CS, I'd be a customer for life too. Never bought anything from them but I do get their emails on sales. Might have to look at their sales a little closer from now on.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
the st criox rod was 30% off. thought i had it down to just a little over the $300.00 mark. when they told me the total, i had to go an add a few more goodies to the basket.  :pouty:

awe shucks!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought you were going to say you had to go sit down when they gave you the total.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought you were going to say you had to go sit down when they gave you the total.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: well i did have the wife with.............. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: she does have a tendency to get carried away with "pretty" rapalas!!!!! :tut: :doofus:

naw i had kinda a runningtotal in my head so i knew we where close............just forgot the rod had that 30% off sticker on it. that was 26 bucks!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I used to go there to get custom fly & ice rods made. Very nice craftsmanship. But that was when they were off of 47 by the post office.
The building that they are in now, used to be a carpet store. I've been in there a few times since they moved. Huge selection of fishing stuff.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I used to go there to get custom fly & ice rods made. Very nice craftsmanship. But that was when they were off of 47 by the post office.
The building that they are in now, used to be a carpet store. I've been in there a few times since they moved. Huge selection of fishing stuff.
Yea just don't ask them where they have there spearing stuff like I did the first time I went there  :rotflmao: :confused: that was before I really knew they where a BIG musky supplier. :pouty: :rotflmao: oh the look I got
« Last Edit: December 12/29/20, 12:57:12 PM by glenn57 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Been years since I've been in they're store,actually the old store when Mike Thorne still owned it had a custom rod shop next door,thorne had rod blanks,you could build your own just buy all the components or they would build one for you,at the time they catered to musky anglers,had a room mate that guided for muskies outof that old store, he guaranteed folks a musky or you didn't pay ,best outting I had with him we caught 10 skis all between midnight and 4am man did he try to show me the light of catching skis,to this day I perfer walleye and panfish.Last I checked on musky lures "holy hanna" need a second mortgage  to load the tackle box.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
now in there new store there rod building operation is upstairs. this summer i brought one of my ice rods to them to fix. broke the tip off!!!! :angry2: :angry2:

i have 4 of there custom made rods.....well i have 2 and momma has 2.

they still got a pile of musky lures!!!!!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
I've been a customer for a while already. When I worked at the union hall it wasn't far down the road but now it's an hour 20 minute drive. I will be willing to take that drive more frequently now
   was your office right by the northern tool in Blaine.  My route was that area.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
   was your office right by the northern tool in Blaine.  My route was that area.
nope.....up hwy 10 north further. it was at the intersection of 10 and Alpine drive. the turnoff that takes you to the links golf course. ther is a big boat dealership right there and a weigh station and wayside rest close!!!

we are in ramsey!!!!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
now in there new store there rod building operation is upstairs. this summer i brought one of my ice rods to them to fix. broke the tip off!!!! :angry2: :angry2:

i have 4 of there custom made rods.....well i have 2 and momma has 2.

they still got a pile of musky lures!!!!!

lol so you broke the sweet spot on your jiggle stick eh? easy fix would be just reuse the rod tip guide,thats all you can do is re-glue the tip guide as you no longer have a sweet spot,but for ice fishing it really doesn't matter.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
they used all the current parts and replaced the rod itself.....#35.00!!!!!!

just like new again!!!!!!! :happy1: this was there sweet pee rod. special built with there 2nd to none spring bobber. not just some run of the mill winter rod or jiggle stick.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Did they suggest you spool line on your reel for better results?   :coffee:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Did they suggest you spool line on your reel for better results?   :coffee:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: yeppers..........but i got that already figured out!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
they used all the current parts and replaced the rod itself.....#35.00!!!!!!

just like new again!!!!!!! :happy1: this was there sweet pee rod. special built with there 2nd to none spring bobber. not just some run of the mill winter rod or jiggle stick.

LOLnews flash glenn,what do ya mean"like new?" that is a new rod..."spring bobber"  nice lite action sweep pea doesn't need a spring bobber.I suppose you use a bobber with your flasher as well...j/k of course,dotch got me goin from the mary ann thread.