Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: making ice  (Read 4483 times)

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, at least the weather is helping make some of the ice safe again, and prediction are for keeping it safe for a few more days.  What is the old saying???  "Cold enuff for ya"????
« Last Edit: January 01/22/21, 02:43:08 PM by GrandpaTom »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
yep..specially up nort. need to solidify all that slush on da lakes!!!!!!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Slush? Where, none in sight @ the NW access on Bowstring today. :confused: A lot of tracks goin out from there though. I counted 15 rigs out there ~ 4:45 today with the biggest group just out & a little south of that ramp. Don't think there's any here either the way it looks.
« Last Edit: January 01/22/21, 06:26:49 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
More concerned about the smaller lakes.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Probably more like 1 smaller lake just ~10 miles NE of me. :rolleyes: Why would the smaller ones be any different? :confused:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Probably more like 1 smaller lake just ~10 miles NE of me. :rolleyes: Why would the smaller ones be any different? :confused:
and 1 about 8 miles north of talmoon!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy:

from my lifelong experiences, smaller lakes have a tendency to collect more snow making flooding/slush happen easier. i posted the picture of our landing. i will be trying pepeterson for crappies but not going to set up the spearhouse there. headed to gunderson for that. maybe set it up also on the little lake behind the old school.

at the moment i dont have what i call the best snow type tires on the truck so get a little leary about how much i can go through right now. i would love to drive out on gunderson,would be alot less work for this old retired guy. :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Probably won't like the CR35 access on Bowstring then as I drove through there last weekend & wasn't sure if I was gonna get stuck or not, < 8000 on my tires. Lots of ruts & not plowed. Definitely wouldn't have parked to unloaded in there unless I had the wheeler with the blade on it along.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 iffin i remember, on my way up i'll do a drive by to check it out. i got this thing about getting from point A to point B with as few distractions as possible.  :pouty:

,i do need tgo stop at someplace to get me some minners and live spearchucking dekes, the bowstring store should help me  remember!!!!!  :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: Not if I warn 'em about you!! :evil:                 ;) :laugh: :laugh:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: Not if I warn 'em about you!! :evil:                 ;) :laugh: :laugh:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: i'll bvbe there before your sunday morning newspaper run!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: We'll be seein 'em tomorrow!!  :mooning:                                  :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: We'll be seein 'em tomorrow!!  :mooning:                                  :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: go for it........pretty sure they aint turning down a minnow sale!!!!!!!!! :mooning:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
None left, sold 'em all on Saturday!! :evil:                          ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Gunner, when you get your paper tommorow can you look see what size, if any there spearing suckers are. Last time up I got them in talmoon and half them where bigger then the fish boar catches. :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Chris was working & she showed me a couple scoops of what they had. Never seen any over ~ 6-8" but she said they always get a mix of sizes when then get some. They get a lot of theirs from Fred's & pick 'em up themselves when they are in town. Said their boy who has a shack on Jessie likes the bigger ones.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks bud!!! :happy1: