Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: air fryer  (Read 11571 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
hey I'm going to try brussel sprouts again, jump on in!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:happy1: :happy1: adda boy!!!!!! lotz of butter too!!!!!!!!! just had some the other night!!!!!!!1
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey I'm going to try brussel sprouts again, jump on in!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:happy1: :happy1: adda boy!!!!!! lotz of butter too!!!!!!!!! just had some the other night!!!!!!!1
thinking bacon too!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Brussels with butter & bacon = instant winner!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
thinking bacon too!!!
:pouty: :surrender: :bonk: :bonk:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I forgot about "the list"

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
What's he talking about?  We have had to put some of the things in the basement on shelves cuz we are out of cupboard space.  I think the wife has an Insta pot but now sure.  I'll ask at noon. Like the air fryer. She does great fries and we cut some fish into chunks and put panko and seasonings on them and there were great too.  A few years ago on here we were talking those pressure cookers so I got one.  Used it once I think.  Maybe I will have to try a pork roast in it?????
LPS, part of it is storage places. another part is some of the things i've heard are that certain things turn out good, other things not so much. ...

The InstantPot pressure cooker does a great job on dried beans - Done from start to finish in 45 minutes - no soaking.

It also does a pretty good job of cooking pot roasts and chicken and turkey breasts.  The thing is, you want to use plenty of seasoning and then shred the meat with a fork - which works really well in mexican recipes or for hot shredded samiches.

If I was going to serve a pot roast on the table with taters, onions, and carrots, I wouldn't use the Instant Pot.  I like the crusty edges you get when you roast with dry heat in the oven.

The other thing I don't like about the instant pot is the saute feature.  It is supposed to be one-pot cooking.  Some recipes call for sautéing dice onions and celery in the instant pot before adding the liquid and meat.  I think the heating element in the instantpot is too hot for this and stuff always sticks to the bottom of the pan - so you have to watch it close.

I haven't done much else with it - but it does these things really well - and fast.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Still haven't pulled the trigger on a pressure cooker. Like to have one for freezing squash & other veggies perhaps. Microwave works OK but still doesn't quite match the way it turned out with Mom's old school pressure cooker.

There's a treasure trove of old electric cooking gadgets in our attic. Ran across them a month ago. Tempts me sometimes to get some out to see if they still work. When I remember what a pain in the butt most of them were to clean up then it passes.
« Last Edit: January 01/31/23, 06:40:44 PM by Dotch »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm not sure how we (I) managed to dodge the bullet and NOT get one of those Ronko Rotisserie Ovens.  I remember my wife was talking about wanting one and somehow we managed to avoid getting it.  My wife is more protective/sensitive to counter-top clutter than I am.  Or maybe it was that her sister got one and told her it was a PITA to clean.  Either way, we saved some cash that time.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea I never got one of them either, thought about it....   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I gotta George foreman one. Works great with whole chicken IF you can tie the wings and legs good enough as the chicken gets done . But Yea somewhat a pain to clean afterwards! :confused:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm not sure how we (I) managed to dodge the bullet and NOT get one of those Ronko Rotisserie Ovens.  I remember my wife was talking about wanting one and somehow we managed to avoid getting it.  My wife is more protective/sensitive to counter-top clutter than I am.  Or maybe it was that her sister got one and told her it was a PITA to clean.  Either way, we saved some cash that time.

Years ago when they were on I mentioned it and the wife was all in on it.  It is the best darn cooking thing you could expect.  Just like the commercials.  Did a 5 lb prime rib and turned out perfect the first time. Like I said not long ago we went and got it out of the basement and did a whole chicken in it and I was impressed at how darn good it was.  A nice brown on it and the inside meat was the juiciest chicken including the breasts.  It is still up stairs cuz we are going to do another chicken.  Fun to watch too.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
We have a Farberware electric rotisserie grill, which is basically the same thing, but without the "oven" enclosure.

We use the thing about 6 times a year.  It is great for entertaining because when the guest arrive the meat is turning on the spit and the smell is wonderful.   :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Instant Pot here too & at the lake, both are used almost everyday. A rotisserie for our Weber Kettle up north sees quite a few chickens too.
« Last Edit: February 02/02/23, 08:22:57 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
We got a ronco rostirei, and love it hate cleaning it tho
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Clean it?   Do you clean the oven, the smoker, the grill every time you cook something?   I sure don't.    :angry2: :crazy: