Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Gun smiths  (Read 4972 times)

Offline CO TOM

• Outdoorsman
Anyone care to endorse gunsmiths in the Twin Cities area?  My son needs a   30-'06 w wood stock.  He's 6'5" w  long arms will need a stock spacer.
T

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
One of the best in the country located in Kenyon minn,is Tom Larkin owner of the stock shop,however ole  Tom most likely is in AZ this time of year shooting trap,also another custom rifle smith rents a gun repair shop at joe's sporting goods Bob Everson,Bob is semi'd retire but still works on mondays,call either one for an app't,lots of smith's around the metro but for gunfit its best to deal with a shooter gunsmith for gunfit,very important.Pat laib is one more out of spicer minn,again a senior class trap shooter but specializes in custom rifle building,good friend with everson from joes they have worked together over the years.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll second snow on this. I don't know Bob E. but Pat and Tom could make a new stock out of an old fence post if needed and do it right. A spacer shouldn't be any problem for them.   :happy1:
mm

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
You must be a trap shooter mark...few if any folks know about Tom unless they shoot,Bob Everson is in a class of his own international master class SC shooter.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
 You are correct snow. When I was still working I found after a frustrating day at work crushing a few innocent clay targets that evening put my mind at ease. I also enjoy shooting ATA registered targets when I can. I like the BSing with other shooters and the competition.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Great,what clubs do you practice at?,I've taken to SC these days but 20 years of ATA trap wore me out.should've hung in there as I would be in the senior vet class today,most of my old squad mates are still active
 in ATA  but for me 10 to 15k practice rounds to keep competitive are gone,my SS checks are to small.
« Last Edit: January 01/06/21, 12:19:01 PM by snow1 »

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I live about a ten minute drive via my side by side from Alex Shooting Park. Spend a lot of time there. I enjoy going to St. Cloud, Monticello and Bemidji. Lately its been only five or six hundred reg. targets a year and seven or eight hundred league targets per year. Hope to double that this year at least. :happy1:
mm

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice,I've shot quite a few state shoots at alex,crazy deal the first time shooting towards the freeway,infact my first shoot in singles class championship I was 99 straight,last target a dang mayflower semi was passing,trailer had a big orange oval mayflower logo,wouldn't ya know I lost the target on that trailer and dropped it.

Del tone is another range I really like,never hit bemidji,figured to many pine tree's for background,my old eyes would lose the targets from green pines to sky.that split second with that background always screwed me up,ever do the cablea's shoot in owatonna? that's dandy 3 day shoot and a great range

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  snow, never been to owatonna. I think del tone and bemidji are close as far as backgrounds go. Alex with the traffic and the power line can take some getting used to. Give me a shout if you decide to come up here and shoot.
mm

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: you the same if ya come to the metro area,sorting clays at the horse and hunt club would be fun to hookup at,nice club house to have lunch and BS.World class courses.one fisca course thats really challeging but fun.I either rent a golf cart or bring my wheeler there as the course is about a mile long,so in my old lazy days I bring a cooler and extra ammo along for the ride.

Offline CO TOM

• Outdoorsman
Thanks Snow1
T

Offline CO TOM

• Outdoorsman
Thanks markn
T