Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: new scopes  (Read 14460 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
finally.........got my scopes replaced. went with Vortex on both guns. for the 22 went with the rimfire one, deer rifle was a 3 x 9 X40, both diamondbacks!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
thats a nice littlenscope......aint gona help. but its nice
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
thats a nice littlenscope......aint gona help. but its nice
:confused: :confused: :banghead: :banghead: :taz: how bout we put a bullseye on your azz and we try.......i'll just use birdshot!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
On my Ruger 1022 I put a cheap Bushnell 3X9 and loved it for snowshoes.  So easy to pick through the brush.  :happy1:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
finally.........got my scopes replaced. went with Vortex on both guns. for the 22 went with the rimfire one, deer rifle was a 3 x 9 X40, both diamondbacks!!!

No excuse for misses now.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
might as well use a sling shot buddy...but hey... cant the money with you.
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
might as well use a sling shot buddy...but hey... cant the money with you.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
OK, you sharpshooters, snipers. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rotflmao: got the 22 zeroed in. :happy1: my 30-06, bore sited, my azz. :confused: long story short I went to 50 yards roughly. Right and left is  :happy1:. My high/ low is still 8-9 inches low and I had to have turned it up at least 11/2 rounds. :scratch:

I had this issue with a scope I put on a 30-30 but don't recall how many rotations I moved it up before I got it zeroed in.

So my question is, just how many rotations on the up/down can I go before I guy needs to maybe shim the scope? Is this normal on occasions?

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a lot! How much will your POA change per turn?

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  1/4 inch. Per click. So I'm assuming 1/4 inch per hundred yards.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I would think you'd still be fine but why not call the place you bought the scope from and see what they say.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I've never "shimmed" a scope in my life...
Scope not tight enough?
Are these see through scope rings?
Did you buy a crappy cheap scope?

Yeah...bore sighting " might" get you on the paper. I usually will crack a couple off at 50' with a 36"X 36" piece of cardboard just to see what to expect. Then adjust from there.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I bought the diamond backs from vortex 2 hundys.
Yes I believe there rings.

I keep plugging away, I got all summer yet. Just needed to take a break. For a target I was using a 2 ft by 4 ft political sign. :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Let me guess, Pelosi or Walz?  :doofus: :confused:                   ;) :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: naw actually Lori Swanson for governor. :sleazy: hey she's hot. :sleazy:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
everytime ive biught a scope, ive bought from a reputable store that knows how to mount and boar site, the vortex i bought last fall was done so well and it was actually on at 100 yrds. somethings wrong glenn. take and get it properly boar sited
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I bought them at Cabela's. I know they've taken a hit katey reputation wise but can't be that bad yet.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
id take embto a smith.rings could be cranked down to tigjt or not enough.
78.50"

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Just when glenn started this thread all was well with my vortec scope on my .22,then friday the cross hairs started to break,this is the second time in 5 years,looking thru the scope was like looking through a kaleidoscope but dead center was spot on,so the good news the vortec scope is a dandy when its functioning with a lifetime warrenty,so  dropped the scope off at my local sport shop to let them send it in and wouldn't ya know when I got home the neighborhood squrriels were having a meeting at my feeders,fixed em with wd40 on the feeder pole.very amusing.
« Last Edit: April 04/19/21, 06:58:51 AM by snow1 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yesterday when i went into st cloud i hunted down a gun/gunsmith shop right by fleet farm called guns and gear. talked to them about my issue. they said they see alot of that and would check it out and bore sight it for $30.00. ididnt bring the gun because i wanted to check them out first so next week i'll be going back!!!!!!! :happy1: 

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
what???? you brough a sope to he boar sited with no gun....to many opportunities here. sensory overload..shuting down...
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
what???? you brough a sope to he boar sited with no gun....to many opportunities here. sensory overload..shuting down...
:pouty: :pouty: :crazy: :doofus: it's no wonder.... Meh never  mind. :surrender: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
$30?  Highway robbery.    Just buy one of those laser sight in things.  They work great and you will have it forever. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
$30?  Highway robbery.    Just buy one of those laser sight in things.  They work great and you will have it forever.
I need to know also LPS if they mounted it right with the correct rings or whatever needs to be done.

Tracking that deer last fall for 4 hours still haunts me  :confused: training-087 :banghead:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When I bought my .243 a few years ago it was supposed to be bore sighted at the factory.  When I went and shot it the scope wasn't even tightened up.  I had a guy bore sight my Ithaca Deer Slayer about 30 years ago when I bought it.  I had to force him to take $5.  Still to this day it is right on the mark.  And it isn't babied neither.  I want to get one of those lazer bore sighters too.  I just looked on Amazon and there are countless models for under $30.  They come with multiple calibers of sight in things.  I am ordering one.
« Last Edit: May 05/09/21, 11:37:58 AM by LPS »

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
lol traked for 4 hours, ya missed of course, bullit hit a rock and a chunk of lead richoceted and hit the deer... oh glenn.
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn I just ordered a July Tech bore sighter.  The best looking one I saw and it's only $39.99.  My .22 needs tuning in and will use it to check my .243 also.  Even works on shotguns.  Can't wait!  Thanks for the inspiration my friend.  :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
lol traked for 4 hours, ya missed of course, bullit hit a rock and a chunk of lead richoceted and hit the deer... oh glenn.
:tut: :tut: :mooning: :mooning: :confused: :rotflmao:

Dingleberry. :moon: