Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: FL ===> MN! Can't wait to get out in the wild up here  (Read 5364 times)

Offline FourPines

• Minnow
    • The Four Pines
We just purchased a nice 10+ acre piece of land in Nowthen. It sits at the intersection of Pinnaker Lake and my neighbor's private lake, lots of wooded area, pasture, field, and grass unlike where we are from in Florida! We have tons of wildlife on the property already captured on my cams including deer, pheasant, duck, geese, fox, turkey (haven't seen any yet) . We spent Christmas break trail-riding, shooting clays, and playing in the snow on OUR land. Our little slice of heaven.

It's our first hobby farm, I've never ice-fished, and the deep cold is new to us (even though I grew up in PA). I'm going to have LOTS of questions! I've got big plans for feed plots, deer stands, and duck blinds!

Bryce, Renie, Gabe & Olivia
The Four Pines

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :happy1: welcome aboard fourpines!! Looks like ya got a nice place. Job transfer up this way???

Before I retired I worked just south of nowthen!! In Ramsey off hwy 10.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Hey welcome 4P!! yu have a beautiful family! webdo moat of everything here. my love is bear hunting! done over 24 yrs. icefishing! done that longer and wife ani love our Harleys!! lots of great guys here. glenn and i battle back and fourth but were great freinds!! just so ya know. lol have fun!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
welcome and sure hope ya enjoy the this group of characters!!!  we have fun and bs but don't take it so serious as to offend..  great lookin place ya all have!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
You better get a snowmobile soon before the snow gets 5 feet deep and you can't get out of your buried house for food! 🥺
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 ::welcome:: A great bunch of guys here. Fire away, I'm sure someone will try to answer it for for you. Maybe a couple others with a little :bs: too! ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Good for you guys!  Close enough to the city...  Closer to the county...  Best of both worlds. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats and welcome you guys!! That is so cool having your own place to do what you want. Fire away on any concerns or questions and keep us posted on how all is going!!  :happy1:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
FourPines,
Glad you found us. Fire away with questions because we always have answers.  :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Welcome! Sounds like a great spot you have and sure you'll enjoy it. As was mentioned, ask away. If we don't know the answer we'll try to make something up!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome to the mix.  Good bunch here.  We all know it all and we all think we are the funniest.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: 

Offline FourPines

• Minnow
    • The Four Pines
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Leech, I had enough foresight to buy a Polaris ranger with the full enclosure heat etc and a snow plow on the front! Had it sitting on the property when I got here! I knew moving in in December was going to be tricky.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Welcome to Minnesota.

BTW, it hasn't been cold here yet this winter. Almost tropical in fact.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline FourPines

• Minnow
    • The Four Pines
Welcome to Minnesota.

BTW, it hasn't been cold here yet this winter. Almost tropical in fact.

Yup, so I'm told! It was nice to get a blast right before Christmas while i was there. I'm back in FL for a bit for my daughter to finish high school. This is my view today

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Not fair.  I cry foul play.  You are not allowed to post pictures from a sunny warm place while we are sitting here in the fridge. 

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline FourPines

• Minnow
    • The Four Pines
My buddy up there took my son out on our big lake (Pinnaker) this weekend. Caught one sunny in the first couple of hours of drilling and moving, then hit a hot-spot and ended up catching upwards of 40 fish (a mix of sunnies, bass, and crappie). The also sprung more than a dozen pheasant and a couple of quail on their way to the ice.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"