Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: eelpout fillete  (Read 4264 times)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
been workin on this for awhile. getting better. but ya dont catch quantitiy to pactice much.

i secure the head to a board. then board to bench. i cut the skin all around the head behind the gills. cut shallow just breaking the skin. or yull pull meat off with the skin. grab 2 pliers and gently pull off the carcass.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
take yur pliers and pull off the rwo tails fins, dorsal and annal fin. yur should have a nice ferrel grove top and bottom they pull out easily
« Last Edit: January 01/09/21, 11:42:06 AM by Boar »
78.50"

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
now start from behind the head An take out back strap off the rib cage like a deer. when yu get to the end of the rib cage fillet off tail meat like a walleye. i kno a guy who doae this whole prossxes on wallyey cept skining
78.50"

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
i havent masterd belly meat yet but ill post when i do. at the end you shiuld have beutifull ckod fillete. which are absolutley high quality table fare
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Who caught that for you. :scratch: :evil: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just cut the sides off like a walleye. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
maybe i'd try to eat a pout iffn i dint have to look at that and clean it first.  :confused: :doah: :scratch: there as disqusting looking as a dogfish!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
well maybe they think yur disgusting ti look at glenn. ever think of that? man...so judgmemtal
78.50"

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
glenn you can find eel pout in the frozen fish section under "ling cod" or "burbot give it a whirl barn good eating eith steamed or pan fried.

Then next time on URL keep/clean a couple whitefish not to be confused with tulibee's white fish panfried are darn good as well url has a healthy eel pout population as well.
« Last Edit: January 01/11/21, 12:54:54 PM by snow1 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
well maybe they think yur disgusting ti look at glenn. ever think of that? man...so judgmemtal

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
glenn you can find eel pout on the frozen fish section under "ling cod" or "burbot give it a whirl barn good eating eith steamed or pan fried.

Then next time on URL keep/clean a couple whitefish not to be confused with tulibee's white fish panfried are darn good as well url has a healthy eel pout population as well.
sorry bud I don't buy fish, you gave me mistaken for boar!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

1 exception, I buy salmon to smoke.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
glenn you can find eel pout on the frozen fish section under "ling cod" or "burbot give it a whirl barn good eating eith steamed or pan fried.

sorry bud I don't buy fish, you gave me mistaken for boar!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

1 exception, I buy salmon to smoke.

Well just sayin iffin you want to cook some up here's your chance w/o cleaning one,actually we only fillet out the tenderloin on em,best part no bones.easy peasey.