Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 10161 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Was lucky to see ZZ Top at the State Fair 2 years ago. That was the last live concert there I believe prior to the COVID thing.  :sad:
:scratch: aren't you a little over the hill to be listening to that kind of music??? :scratch: :puke:

NAW.. me either. :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
An early Cream fan here, so always into the blues. One live experience back then was Lamont Cranston @ the Cabooze in Mpls, after seein The Allman Bros live. :happy1: :cool: The year after Duane died, my junior year of HS. :party3:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Gunnar,HS'er at the cabooz? my old hang out cabooz and moby dicks ,back when it was safe to cruise mpls w/o a side arm.

another great venue was "the talking heads" early 80's last live concert for this old fart at the "red rocks" amphitheater in colorado,week before same place watched Jerry Garcia/Greatful dead,good times....I'm sure there were others but home maid "morning glory wine" makes for a foggy memory back then,"the life of living in a ski resort (breckenridge)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The next year they made 18 y/o legal. :crazy: Heard from friends many times about that amphitheater out there but never seen it. Did see The Dead 3-4 times back then though. :happy1: :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so how many concerts you guys go to back in the day?? :scratch: i've never been one to like huge crowds or driving  in areas with big events.

i have seen RUSH 3 times, seen great white at that motorcycle thing in prescott wisconsin.

tried 2 times to see Deff Leapord, but they cancelled both times, said screw them.

seen the beach boys once. sha na na old 50's group once. think Chicago was supposed to be with but they cancelled. also remember back inthe day when STRAIGHT UP was a big bad, seen them. we called them bent sideways!!!! :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Went to crosby,stills,nash and young years ago,they came out late crowd was crazy wild,loud,stills told us to quiet down or they wouldn't play,crowd let all hell break loose,they walked off didn't play,pissed alot of folks off.lost all respect for them clowns.

never fogot my first concert,led zeplin at the old met stadium,ear's rang for days afterwards,worse than standing next to a 105.

Then way back late 70's hanging out at the million dollarcowboy saloon in jackson hole wyoming one quiet sunday night mid winter,willie nelson walked in,alone,doing shots of tequila,locals  proded him  up on the vacant band stage where he picked up  a acoustic guitar from whatever house band left from the night before,ole willie picked a little and told his story why he was in town as he had a cabin just down the road from jackson in "wilson"  little  rustic town at the base of the teton pass,seems willie and his wife at the time had a squabble that night,willie took the worse of it by a broom or so he said.good old memories.
« Last Edit: April 04/07/21, 08:04:25 AM by snow1 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Then way back late 70's hanging out at the million dollar saloon in jackson hole wyoming one quiet sunday night mid winter,willie nelson walked in,alone,doing shots of tequila,locals  proded him  up on the vacant band stage where he picked up  a acoustic guitar from whatever house band left from the night before,ole willie picked a little and told his story why he was in town as he had a cabin just down the road from jackson in "wilcox"  little town at the base of the teton pass,seems willie and his wife at the time had a squabble that night,willie took the worse of it by a broom or so he said.good old memories.

Sounds like a legendary night for you.  Prolly just a day-in-the-life for ol' Willie.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Saw Willie at the ND State Fair one year. Was so messed up I barely remember it. Was riding on the back of a buddy's motorcycle thru downtown Minot on the sidewalks afterwards. Slept on a concrete floor in a dive someplace. Also got to see Waylon at the Freeborn Co. Fair a few years before he died. Not a huge country fan but always had a soft spot for those Waylon and Willie and the boys.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed Dotch,never bought western music but like most of it ,good fiddle and steel guitar will make you tap toe's,back in the late 70's ski bumming in jackson hole you lived country we young guyz back then made the sheep nervous as few single women lived in that town.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: April 04/06/21, 04:02:07 PM by roony »

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Lets see... I've seen Pink Floyd in concert twice, AC/DC once, Kenny Rogers once, a Beetles knock-off band (they were actually pretty dang good) once, Johnny Cash twice, Alabama once, saw Prince once at 1st ave.......And....I saw, Bill Cosby at the Grand Stand!  :rotflmao:

That's about all I can really remember  :scratch:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Been to lots of them, but the best ones were unplanned. Stumbled onto a Boz Skaggs out in wine country a few years ago. It was absolutely great.
Also bumped into Bob Hite of Canned Heat. I wasn’t a big fan but he invited me and a few friends in and the show turned out to be really good.
Saw Leon Russell several times. The last time was really sad. He was driving a Little Rascal scooter  to get in and out of the building. The best time was at TroutAir in Forest Lake. Outdoor concert and I had smuggled in a half gallon of wine under a blanket. We spread the blanket on the ground with the half gallon jug. When Leon hit the stage, there was a big rush of the concert goers to the cyclone fence that was there to keep them away. I looked back and saw a massive crowd of people all around, but not a single foot on the blanket with the wine jug. Big crowd with an open space where our blanket was

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Trip Shakespeare at first ave.   Dylan in Rochester twice, BB king in minneapolis, and my favorite one was Ralph Stanley over in I think wabasha at the "arts center"  or maybe it was Kellogg.   Place held like 200 people, refurbished former jr high school auditorium.   Apparently they happened to have an open date in between Milwaukee and Minneapolis.    I happened to see the announcement and snagged tickets.   

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
...And....I saw, Bill Cosby at the Grand Stand!  :rotflmao:

I was at that show too.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Trip Shakespeare at first ave.   Dylan in Rochester twice, BB king in minneapolis, and my favorite one was Ralph Stanley over in I think wabasha at the "arts center"  or maybe it was Kellogg.   Place held like 200 people, refurbished former jr high school auditorium.   Apparently they happened to have an open date in between Milwaukee and Minneapolis.    I happened to see the announcement and snagged tickets.   

Hey del,you from the wabasha area? spent many fall days hunting the bluffs above the door pools near Elba,pass shooting ducks/geese coming out to feed from the river.Biker bar in elba was fun to have a few,maur brothers bar I think?

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope.  St paul to Rochester.   Been in Roch a long time...