Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: air fryer  (Read 11566 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just made a batch of onion rings, came our darn good!!  no water was injured fellers..............  just sayin......     :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so Mike, what else have you used that for????? i've read everything from its the best thing since sliced bread to garbage to everything in between. works great for some things and not so for others????????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
baked taters and it does make good bakers too, lots of frozen items work well..  french fries, etc.  the one thing I learned was ya have learn how long it takes to cook some things..  the only thing I have not done in it is fresh fish..  or anything from fresh I should say...

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I got a small ninja air fryer that came with another purchase the "two fer one deal" tried it couple items,crashed n burned,threw it out,maybe a higher end one would be better?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
baked taters and it does make good bakers too, lots of frozen items work well..  french fries, etc.  the one thing I learned was ya have learn how long it takes to cook some things..  the only thing I have not done in it is fresh fish..  or anything from fresh I should say...
yea thats the biggest knock i heard about the air fryer.......fresh fish dont turn out so good. me, personally i like fish swimming in hot oil. :happy1:

although, my brother pan fried some walleyes that was pretty darn good just spraying veggie oil in the fry pan!!!! not surer how it work on a thicker chunk of fish like a nord!!!!! :scratch: :scratch:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I fried some fish in butter last night.  The wife got out her air fryer and cooked some frozen french fries.  Turned out great.  I noticed that a couple of times she pulled the basket out and shook them.  We are finally going to get some frozen onion rings tomorrow when we go shopping.  Curious to try them. I just put a little butter in my pan when frying fish.  Sprinkle them with Lawry's and paprika for some color.  Doesn't take long. 
« Last Edit: January 01/22/21, 09:14:08 AM by LPS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea thats the biggest knock i heard about the air fryer.......fresh fish dont turn out so good. me, personally i like fish swimming in hot oil. :happy1:

although, my brother pan fried some walleyes that was pretty darn good just spraying veggie oil in the fry pan!!!! not surer how it work on a thicker chunk of fish like a nord!!!!! :scratch: :scratch:
that's how I do it it too..  I don't have a deep frier..  just use the pan and oil... 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
If I get bombed enough, I might try using mine again this weekend...  :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: IF  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We have a big propane deep fryer up here for when we have company & want beer batter  :fish2:. Usually though it's just a fry pan, some canola oil, & whatever we're using for a coating that time.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey I thought you were supposed to get lessons on how to use that thing last weekend???  too many G&T's???    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Auntie Mar Mar was busy so decided to fly solo tonite after enough liquid courage.  :happy1: Much better results. Onion rings turned out decent after cutting the time down to 3/4's of what was reommended in the instructions. Could still take a minute or two off & they'd be perfect. As far as cooking time & explanation of functions & how to use them, probably the most poorly written instruction booklet I've ever seen. Looks like it was translated from Chinese back into English. Can see this is going to be a trial and error appliance.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yes there is trial and error...  and my instruction book was bad too..

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so do either one of you think about trying to read the instructions and use it BEFORE your all scnockered up!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :confused:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
like Dotch said, instructions sucked over all..  and yes it gets used when ever, even breakfast!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I find the more libations I have the less I read the instructions and the better the thing works. A win:win!  :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
been there done that Dotch!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
so do either one of you think about trying to read the instructions and use it BEFORE your all scnockered up!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :confused:
So who reads 'em for you? :whereamI:                                      ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So who reads 'em for you? :whereamI:                                      ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
I've picked apart alot of reading material in my day. Can't trust anything from management  :confused: :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Do your lips get tired reading the instructions?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Do your lips get tired reading the instructions?
I use my eyes Del.  :doofus: :doah: :crazy:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Have some sweet potato wedges I'm gonna try next. I could waste time reading the instructions or tie one on first & skip that part so the damn thing works!  :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Have some sweet potato wedges I'm gonna try next. I could waste time reading the instructions or tie one on first & skip that part so the damn thing works!  :happy1:
i'm quite surprised you dont just boil it in gin....without the bag!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
tried some hot dogs in the air fryer, turned darn good!!  toasted the bread with the cheese on it and all!! 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
The rate I'm going today, I figger by tonite I should be just about popped enough to try mine again!  :scratch:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
The rate I'm going today, I figger by tonite I should be just about popped enough to try mine again!  :scratch:

yea no beer was hurt in this cooking spree!!  but in the past it has here too!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :confused: :crazy: :pouty: putzes. :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Update: Did the sweet potato wedges and a batch of onion rings for supper with the air fryer last nite to go along with some popcorn shrimp I made in the toaster oven. Outstanding but since it was Sunday nite, had to wonder how much better it might've been with numerous G&T's? Always a next time I guess... :pouty:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We did get some onion rings to try but they had a thick coating on them and ended up hard as heck.  Need to try again.