Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: air fryer  (Read 11564 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
These onion rings were the store brand ones I got on sale a while back. They're made with minced onions and are uniform in size. About 6-7 minutes/side at 400 seemed to work about right with this machine given the volume I put in it. We tried some Schwan's onion rings in the oven before we got the air fryer. They're a slice of onion with heavier breading. Was difficult to get especially the larger ones done enough using the oven. Probably order some again and see how they behave in the air fryer.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Had a pal, now deceased, that tipped more than a few but never on Sunday
 He said it was his day of rest.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm out of onion rings, have to get some tomorrow.. 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
made some thing different, at least for me any way...  made some crescent roll cheese dogs for lunch.. super fast and good too!!  used Nathan's hot dogs and buttermilk crescent rolls... 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I remember my Mom making those.  Were they good? 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I remember my Mom making those.  Were they good?

yuppers but like I said I mused a good hot dog too...  I will do them again some day....

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
These onion rings were the store brand ones I got on sale a while back. They're made with minced onions and are uniform in size. About 6-7 minutes/side at 400 seemed to work about right with this machine given the volume I put in it. We tried some Schwan's onion rings in the oven before we got the air fryer. They're a slice of onion with heavier breading. Was difficult to get especially the larger ones done enough using the oven. Probably order some again and see how they behave in the air fryer.

We done some onion rings in the air fry'er tonight....dang they was good! They were the cub brand "essentials"
They were the solid ring type....
(Plus the sunny's we had with them were done in peanut oil in cast iron on the stove)
Dang good dinner!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds like a darn good meal HD!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
usually I grill asparagus but just did some roasted in the air fryer...  turned out darn good....   some oil salt and pepper and a few minutes later they are gone!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Did some hash browns out of the freezer last week. They were OK but weren't as brown as I'd hoped and it just kinda dried them out. Once again the instructions were absolutely worthless. Thinking the next attempt we'll spray them with a little cooking oil first and cut the cooking time slightly to see what happens.  What say ye?  :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
https://forktospoon.com/frozen-hash-browns-in-air-fryer/

try this Dotch, looks like it will work for ya!!  let us know when ya do!!! 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Thanks mikey! That's right along the lines of what I was thinking.  :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks mikey! That's right along the lines of what I was thinking.  :happy1:

you bet ya!!!   :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
tried 4 eggs in the air fryer.. came out looking good, 2 peeled real nice and 2 ripped the white some...  the test will be when I eat them!!    :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Never thought about eggs in one. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
270 for 15 minutes was all then ice water as usual   

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and they turned out great too!!!    :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
oiled and seasoned 3 chicken breasts, let them rest and season for awhile...  no more than 20 minutes in the air fryer...  skinless and boneless too..  very good and still moist.. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You air fry all the good chicken... :pouty:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We like ours. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
We like ours.

roasted cab bage in mine yesterday!!  set to bake for awhile then finished it on broiler, came out great!!!   

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
I air fry, cod or mahi mahi, turns out awesome
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
We waited a couple of years before we got our InstantPot.  Then right after we did that, air fryers got popular.  We just don't have enough storage space for all the latest gadgets.  I get the feeling I'd use an air fryer more than that instant pot - which everyone else told me was the greatest thing since Ron Popeil's Pocket Fisherman.

Heck, I still break out my George Forman Grill every once in a while.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
never pulled the plug on an instantpot, felt I wouldn't use it enough..   no regrets... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i've heard good and bad about both on certain things. not certain i will ever buy one and i wont be boiling my Meat either!!!!!!!

boar.......if you really need fish.......just ask.....i'll give you some!!!!!! :sleazy: :mooning: :happy1: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: January 01/31/23, 10:28:48 AM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
i've heard good and bad about both on certain things. not certain i will ever buy one and i wont be boiling my Mest either!!!!!!!

boar.......if you really need fish.......just ask.....i'll give you some!!!!!! :sleazy: :mooning: :happy1: :rotflmao:

boiling yer what???    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
What's he talking about?  We have had to put some of the things in the basement on shelves cuz we are out of cupboard space.  I think the wife has an Insta pot but now sure.  I'll ask at noon. Like the air fryer. She does great fries and we cut some fish into chunks and put panko and seasonings on them and there were great too.  A few years ago on here we were talking those pressure cookers so I got one.  Used it once I think.  Maybe I will have to try a pork roast in it?????

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
What's he talking about?  We have had to put some of the things in the basement on shelves cuz we are out of cupboard space.  I think the wife has an Insta pot but now sure.  I'll ask at noon. Like the air fryer. She does great fries and we cut some fish into chunks and put panko and seasonings on them and there were great too.  A few years ago on here we were talking those pressure cookers so I got one.  Used it once I think.  Maybe I will have to try a pork roast in it?????
LPS, part of it is storage places. another part is some of the things i've heard are that certain things turn out good, other things not so much. and i dont like throwing food out.

maybe its the fact, no it is, that i havent had any food yet made in the air fryer, i'd get one of them before an air pot........but i.d mayhaps get one IF i had some food made it one first!!!!!! i'm not a big proponent of buying a new fangled gadget just because everyone else is until i see it used. thats why it took me so darn long to use that electric smoker!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey I'm going to try brussel sprouts again, jump on in!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: