Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Strikemaster 40v  (Read 4337 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Anyone have this critter?been eye balling one but after taking the ion out on a test run couple years ago I'm  little apprehendive as the ion bogged down in thick ice,had to stop and scoop shavings once down beyound 20"s,but maybe this is the norm for these electric augers?,also are these electric augers any good redrilling old holes?

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I got a Jiffy 9" electric 2 years ago.  I absolutely love it.  And it is great for opening up old holes.  It turns slow which you have to get used to but the quiet is so great and no fumes in the fish house.  I kept my old Jiffy in case I didn't like this but I don't think I will ever use it again.  I don't do a lot of outside stuff so the battery getting cold isn't much of an issue to me. 

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
My son-in-law has one.
He brought it out to whale tail when we had the GT
It cuts ok, alot slower than my Lazer, but gets the job done. He does have to keep the batteries warm.
Re-cutting holes, I don't know about.....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
My buddies kid had a setup with a DeWalt drill. I was impressed with how it drilled. Me I like pistons. :sleazy: I'm not very environmentally friendly. :rolleyes:

Besides all I gave for houses is a pullover and collapsible houses. One holes are cut I don't need to redrill.
 But to each there own. :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I like cylinders.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
i love my ion, i have 8" and 10" flighting bit. the 10" in 2'or more gets a work out due to more ice displacement. but ive never burried it.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Strikemaster is bad for reopening holes, but I think the batteries last longer then the Ion. Ion is smooth as a whistle for reopening holes. That is why I went with the Ion.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I have the ion too and like it...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I had to look them up price wise, dang they don't give them away. Talking to a guy at work his Ion does good work if he pulls up slightly every 4" or so to get rid of ice shavings. I see the strike master comes with chipper blades, that should help reopening holes. I posted it last year but I chopped the handle off an old hand auger , this year I paired it with a dewalt 996 hammer drill and it cuts awsome.  If you have the drill can always pick up a strike master light flight I believe its called for a fraction of the price..

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I am not sure about this but I think if they have that flat round piece above the blades it is better for opening holes.  My Jiffy has that. 

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I put one of my 8" Lazer bits on a clam plate with a Milwaukee hammer drill, and am impressed...but, we'll see how long it lasts.  :confused:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!