Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2nd summer border shutdown  (Read 5242 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Ontario resorts brace for possible second summer of border shutdown
At a critical time for booking this summer's trips, it remains unclear :scratch: when Canada's border will open to U.S. clients. :confused:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Bad situation for the Canadian resorts. One year is hard, two years almost impossible to survive. I feel sorry for them, tough way to lose everything through no fault of their own.

However, their misfortune is a boom for the resorts here in the States. By mid April you won't be able to find a cabin North of Grand Rapids. Up here at the border they will be full.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Bad situation for the Canadian resorts. One year is hard, two years almost impossible to survive. I feel sorry for them, tough way to lose everything through no fault of their own.

However, their misfortune is a boom for the resorts here in the States. By mid April you won't be able to find a cabin North of Grand Rapids. Up here at the border they will be full.
there ya go dutchy, ya can be that dock boy!!!👍 :rotflmao:

Oh and I thought Walz said once the vacines get here was the goal. :crazy:
« Last Edit: January 01/21/21, 12:13:04 PM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Southern border is now wide open.  Welcome.  Signs pointing where to get free stuff and a spot to get a prefilled ballot.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Been years since we ventured to canada,at one time it was  a fun inexpensive hunting/fishing trip,rate of our currency was around 50% last time up,easy in and out crossing the border now once they re-open the money is about even ? slots on walleyes,reduced limits(ontario),I've read that tourism was way down even before this shut down? Gotta admit I miss the canadian wilderness solitude,my last trip up was a fly in just north of lac suel,3 day fishing trip which was great but the sound of the  canadian ministry building a remote road,cutting tree's,diesel cat earth movers wrecked it all day long.Recent years of ya do a DIY camp fish trip they nicked us $3/day per person to camp out on some island,bait shop told  us the following year camp rates would increase to $25/day per person,never went back so not sure if this is true.

I do know last fall waterfowl hunters over ran north dakota with the border closed,lots of pissed off locals and farmers with folks tearing up fields and min maint roads,always the "blue platers" or cheese heads locals accused,funny thing is the few knuckle heads trashing out fields,leaving gates open etc were locals but not my place to say as a visitor
« Last Edit: January 01/21/21, 01:55:55 PM by snow1 »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Funny thing tho,  we had a Canadian family build a beautiful cabin down the shoreline from us ( Western MN) , that were down quite a bit until last year. Of all the places north of the border they came down here..  :confused: